Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
For our Civil and Structural Engineering department within Business Area Wind, we are looking for a Project Manager Steel Works to be the technical backbone for projects within Vattenfall, being able to support the delivery for state-of-the-art foundations for our windfarms within budget and time.
Are you interested in a job with a lot of potential, possibilities and responsibilities, and be a part of a growing organization with special focus on Offshore Wind, you may be the person we are looking for.
The Civil and Structural department is the competence center for all civil and structural related aspects of a wind farm offshore, supplying cradle to cradle services, technical competences and project management all under one roof. We build on continuous improvement and entrepreneurial mind-set in order to set the standard for future wind foundations.
Your responsibilities as Project Manager Steel Works
As one of our Project Manager Steel Works you will become a key member of our Civil Package project teams. Your main responsibility will be focused around the steel works of foundations for a specific project but you will work together with our internal engineering team and thereby impacting the overall development and philosophy of foundation fabrication and supply chain management.
In addition you will also engage external engineers and/or inspectors for tasks handled within Vattenfall’s project organizations. Furthermore, the main responsibilities include:
- Develop and improve Vattenfall’s specifications and standards for fabrication processes
- Assure integration of HSE and Quality requirements
- Ensure fabrication input during construction and installation e.g. management of NCR’s, TQ’s, VOR’s
- Coordination with internal and external stake holders, incl. WTG suppliers, Installation and Manufacturing Contractors and O&M
- Identifying key areas of optimization both site specific and on general level
- Review the foundation design and ensure alignment across all fabrication disciplines
- Engage in the development of the optimized future foundation structure
- Assess and improve the supplier relationship for main components within the foundation fabrication
Your profile as Project Manager Steel Works
You are a civil or mechanical engineer to the bone, but also has the ability to see things from the helicopter perspective and can advise and help based on your knowledge and knowhow.
You have an innovative mind-set and can see yourself working in an environment where we value entrepreneurship, the pragmatic approach and helpfulness in our daily work. You can work self-dependent while sharing and seeking knowledge in the team. You show initiative and have a flexible approach to your work.
You possess good interpersonal skills and can communicate technical messages on a clear and constructive way both internally and to external partners. You have an innovative mind-set working result-oriented and meet required deadlines. In addition, the following qualifications are important for this position:
- B.Sc or M.Sc degree in civil or mechanical engineering or equivalent
- More than 5 years of experience within steel fabrication of offshore renewables
- Have experience with executing at least one, but preferable two foundation fabrications of offshore wind farms either as Steel Expert within the project organization, Project Manager or Secondary Steel production lead
- Experienced with norms and codes such as e.g. DNV, ISO, API and EC, Norsok
- IWE and/or Frosio level 3 preferred
- Project management experience such as IMPA level D or equivalent preferred
- Quality Training based on Six Sigma or equivalent preferred
- You are fluent in English, both in speech and writing
- Experience with monopile/ transition piece and/or jacket production preferred
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The location of this position is flexible, office can either be Hamburg, Kolding or London but occasional travel within northern Europe should be expected.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button on this page. We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website. Please send in your application until July 8th 2018.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Hiring Manager Sebastian Friedrich, +4915208575915. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Vanessa Koop, +49 40 790227786.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to your application!