Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat with operations in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieve climate neutrality by 2050.
We are looking for a Radio & Telecommunication Engineer to support new Wind Farm projects as well as supporting the operational fleet. Also to secure that all wind farms of Vattenfall Wind Power are operated safely and have lucrative competitive advantages.
As one of the key functions in Vattenfall’s wind business the Competence Area SCADA Infrastructure is general responsible for supporting wind projects, operational sites and other business units in managing SCADA equipment, communication and respective infrastructure.
Your responsibilities as a Radio & Telecommunication Engineer:
Your main responsibility will be to ensure that the Radio Infrastructure will be operated in an IT-secure and cost competitive way and to ensure that all radio communication is available via our own core network during the wind farms lifetime.
In cooperation with your colleagues, you will be focusing on design, implement and operate mission critical radio network solutions, primary based on TETRA.
You will also participate supporting our Microwave Radio solutions with both design, implementation and operations.
Your responsibility will also include:
• Support windfarm projects from tender to O&M
• Support radio communication within windfarms, our surveillance center and marine coordinators.
• Support to our marine coordination system.
• Implement our radio systems into Solar Winds monitoring system
• Daily operation tasks, with monitoring and optimization of our current radio network solutions.
• Engage in development of new technical radio communication concepts for wind farms
• Contribute to an increased Technical IT safety level and ensure the wind farms are in a safe condition meeting Vattenfall and other regulative requirements.
• Develop and operate with standard solutions for the wind farm network.
• Ensure documentation is being developed and kept up to date.
• Able to participate in a 24/7 on-call duty
• Need to be able to take a full GWO and HUET certificate to be able to get onsite
Your qualifications as a Radio & Telecommunication Engineer:
You have a degree within Engineering or similar and have gained minimum 3 years' experience with Radio engineering from similar industry, preferably within the energy sector.
The following qualifications are not considered as mandatory, but are desirable and certainly an advantage:
• Experience with TETRA radio systems, DAMM Tetra Flex V7 is preferred
• Experience with PC based Dispatchers
• Microwave Line of Sight based on Ericsson ML
• Point to Multipoint radio and WIFI systems
• Knowledge of Network IPv4 + Routing + Multicast
• Knowledge of AIS, AToN, ADS-B
• Knowledge about IP based PABX including SIP trunks
• Knowledge about AM/FM, TDMA and CDMA modulation
• Basic knowledge about fiber optics including OTDR measurements
• Onsite installation and commissioning experience
• Experience with coverage calculations tools Pathloss
As we operate in an international environment, it is essential that you speak and write EnglishFluently.
Moreover, you have strong communication skills and are able to communicate well with representatives from various professional groups, external business partners along with your colleagues
• Have a strong personal drive, sense of responsibility and take ownership of your tasks.
• Are a true team player and able to contribute to the existing team spirit.
• Act and work in an environment with many ad-hoc tasks.
• Have a systematic and focused approach to your daily tasks.
• Are strongly performance oriented – enjoy a challenge and good at capturing lessons learned.
• See design, documentation as a natural and integrated part of the work.
• You are able to travel about 20 days a year
Good remuneration, a challenging and international working environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues.
We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The location of the position is preferable Esbjerg alternative Kolding in Denmark, Hamburg in Germany or Amsterdam in the Netherlands.
For further information regarding the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Jette Ingeberg, Senior Recruiter, phone +45 22 57 07 51.
If you have the need of further information regarding the position or should you have specific questions, you can call Per Holgersen, Manager SCADA Infrastructure, phone +45-27874955.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. The application deadline is October 31st but we conduct interviews on an ongoing basis. Therefore we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 24,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you!
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities.
Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands.