Staff function R&D, within Strategic Development, is searching for an Experienced R&D Engineer Civil Works. The position is located in Älvkarleby or in Solna, Arenastaden. You will report to Head of Civil Engineering.
Vattenfall R&D is responsible for conducting business driven technical development that creates added value for the company and helps realizing our strategy. At Vattenfall R&D we go from ideas to real projects in short time. We know that our employees change the future of Vattenfall and their ideas are extremely important.
The mission of the R&D section Civil Engineering is to provide Vattenfall-tailored solutions to ensure safe and cost-effective constructions. The section provides a highly inspiring environment, intellectually as well as physically YouTube clip.
We offer you a flexible work environment and collaboration with 16 passionate top-notch experts and colleagues in the section, all committed to power climate-smarter living. Freedom with responsibility characterizes our team. You are not afraid to set a schedule and make decisions while being held accountable for your actions. Your contribution is of strategic importance for the company. The tasks are exciting and at the forefront of the technical development. To ensure implementation, close collaboration with our business units is a prerequisite.
Your responsibilities and tasks as R&D Engineer Civil Works:
• To plan, to outline, to coordinate and to execute Civil Works R&D within fields relevant for Vattenfall, e.g. hydropower, wind power and nuclear waste management.
• To develop concrete structures and maintenance plans for our assets.
• To identify and to integrate relevant and best available resources for assignments.
• To assure a leading-edge knowledge level as well as to ensure internal skills transfer.
• The R&D tasks are usually one of a kind; setbacks are common
Your qualifications and personal skills as R&D Engineer Civil Works:
• Relevant University degree within Engineering (Civil Engineering, Engineering Geology or equivalent).
• At least 5 years of useful work experience, preferable in assessment and maintenance of concrete infrastructure, e.g. tunneling like headrace tunnels, injection of rock, stabilization of rock excavations, hydropower dams.
• An expert within maintenance and development of utility infrastructures.
• Experienced in the management of complex engineering systems.
• Experience of leading complex projects.
• Fluent in English and Swedish.
The position requires a customer-oriented attitude with an ability to establish and maintain relationships and networks. You are analytical, committed and self-driven with good communication and interpersonal skills. You are able to turn bold ideas and ambitions into successful projects and have the ability to discuss possible solutions with customers and R&D teams. A passion for new technology we believe is a necessity for this role.
In this position you might travel up to 2 days per week on average.
Location: Älvkarleby or Arenastaden, Solna.
For information about the position, please contact Holger Ecke, Head of Civil Engineering. +46 76 134 35 93. For information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact recruiter Ann Nilsson, +46 727 08 57 55.
Trade union representatives in Sweden: Pernilla Ove (Akademikerna), Anders Bohlin (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Ronny Ekwall, SEKO. To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.
We look forward to receiving your application with CV and cover letter via this page, no later than September 30, 2018.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.