Do you want to help us in shaping a fossil free future within a generation? For our Staff Function Sourcing we are now looking for an experienced and ambitious
Regional Category Lead Technical Consultants Nordic
In today’s challenging market conditions, Vattenfall’s ability to reduce costs is more crucial than ever. Procurement and Sourcing is some of the fundamental levers to reduce costs in Vattenfall and maximize the value we get from our capital and operational expenditures. Although big steps and savings have been accomplished over the last years, we will have to take additional steps in our procurement journey to be able to deliver on increasingly demanding and challenging cost savings targets. The Nordic Technical Services category encompasses a yearly spend of approximately €200 Mio.
The focus of the role is on sourcing activities in the Nordics, mainly Sweden. Preferred location will be in Solna, but other locations within Sweden on Vattenfall sites can be discussed.
Your main responsibilities as Regional Category Lead Technical Consultants
• Defining a category strategy with a short, medium and long-term view
• Develop a supplier strategy regarding relationships, development and performance management
• Ensure that services are sourced and delivered at best cost points available to Vattenfall on the supplier market (Quality/Service/Technology/Price).
An essential part of the role is to closely cooperate with the total team (a team of professional buyers in Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands) to make category plans as well as Sourcing and Vendor
management planning, realizing the category targets. The team has interfaces towards a wide range of different stakeholders internally and externally
Besides working with all business areas your main stakeholders will be BA Generation. You will engage with stakeholders, such as Engineering Managers, HR and Sourcing colleagues, to define the (sub-) category and strategies as well as identifying novel market approaches to maximize the company’s profitability.
In this role you will report operationally to the Head of Sourcing, Indirect. Functionally you would report to the Global Category Lead and Category Manager, Contingent Workforce
Your key activities will be:
• To execute and implement the sourcing strategy for technical consultants securing the best/smart spend of Vattenfall money for each categories and market situation; and to deliver towards the designed strategy
• Work closely together with all stakeholders, support as a partner, to fulfill sourcing needs within the category, managing expectations, understanding their needs, acting agile towards short time to market
• To analyse supplier markets including proactive and constant engagement with suppliers to drive performance management, resolve quality issues and generate market intelligence (bringing in the outside world and best practice to Vattenfall)
• To ensure that services are sourced and delivered at best cost points available to Vattenfall on the supplier market (Quality/Service/Technology/Price) while ensuring that business areas get value
• To ensure that the value for Vattenfall stays high level or increases throughout the valid period of the contracts, through vendor management mitigating risks and manage compliance
• Focusing optimization of existing solutions /supplier base and specific vendors, including how business is using them (spend management), but not excluding new need of supply/new solutions. Supporting in the “make or buy” decisions
• Contribute to an international sourcing team with cross-country learning
• To steer external Procurement partners in the execution of and ordering in the assigned category.
We are looking for an experienced sourcing manager to handle Vattenfall’s need of technical consultants who has a relevant University degree (or equal) and a minimum of 10 years of Sourcing experience in Contingent Workforce or related categories. You have a solid expertise in the Engineering areas and demonstrable experience across the procurement skillset and procurement processes across regions and cultures. You have experience in managing Sourcing categories of significant spend (€100 Mio or more)
Furthermore you have/are:
• Good understanding of procurement processes and activities including EU-tender knowledge
• Familiarity with SAP, MS Office, E-sourcing systems and VMS systems
• Experienced in contracting & commercial conditions
• Financial and process skills
• Strong commercial and analytical skills
• Experienced and strong negotiator.
• Fluency in Swedish and a strong command of English, both verbally and written
Your personal characteristics
You are Pro-active and transparent with very strong interpersonal and communication skills. A true team player who actively engages people by asking, sharing, helping or asking for help. You have the ability to simplify complexity and to identify “the 20% of the scope that drives 80% of the results”. Your credibility is strong and built through both business insights and leadership.
What we offer
Working at Vattenfall means more than ‘just’ having an interesting job in a result-orientated culture. Here you will be part of a challenging, complex and international work environment. We offer our employees competitive remuneration, training opportunities and personal development.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
For more information about the position please contact hiring manager Sven Jacobs (+49 152 576 77448) about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact recruiter Peter Blixter (072-237 32 02).
Trade union representatives in Sweden Michelle von Gyllenpalm & Leif Sjöberg (Akademikerna), Anders Bohlin (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Juha Siipilehto (SEKO) To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.
Since Vattenfall is part of the Swedish critical infrastructure many of our positions are security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates can be subject to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation.
We look forward to your application no later than 28th of April 2019. As we conduct interviews on an ongoing basis, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.