Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Roadmap Engineer.
Vattenfall is aiming to build subsidy free wind farms in the near future. Understanding the wind turbine technology which is able to realize this objective will be a key success factor. In this position you will be responsible to create an overview of the available wind turbine technology on the market, now and in the near future, and select those technologies which can drive the Levelized Energy Costs (LEC) down. By taking ownership of the technical employer requirements you will drive the technology development of our main suppliers and challenge their future designs.
Your responsibilities as Roadmap Engineer
• Determine the long term technology roadmap for onshore wind
• Translate the technology roadmap into the Vattenfall blueprint(s) for Onshore wind
• Translate the technology roadmap into generic (non-project specific) Employers Requirements
• Provide insight in the expected cost development of future technology
• Conduct Technical Due Diligences with our main suppliers
Your qualifications as Roadmap Engineer
Our successful candidate has a relevant University degree, with a minimum of 3-5 years relevant work experience in the field of Engineering. You have a very good command of English, command of German or Dutch is a plus. Proven track record in WTG Technology is a must.
Your personal characteristics and competences:
• Excellent analytical skills;
• Good inter-personal skills;
• Structured worker with ability to structure work of others;
• Self-propelling and a good team player;
• Experience in international cooperation, culturally sensitive;
• Experience in project planning and scheduling is an advantage;
• You enjoy working on international, multidisciplinary projects and are willing to travel.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The location of this position is Kolding. Regular business trips are required.
For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Kay van Emstede, Senior Recruiter, phone +31615604138 or mail email@example.com
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply August 22nd.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a
sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.