Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producers of heat. We operate in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map aiming at achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are looking for a candidate for our SCADA and Data Analysis department, which is responsible for specifications, design, and implementation of wind farm automation systems, network infrastructure and integration into the overall Vattenfall Wind Power Data Center, as well as project management of all automation deliverables in new wind farm projects.
The department is part of Business Area Wind, which is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands. We are currently over 22 employees in the SCADA and Analysis department.
Your responsibilities as a SCADA Project Manager
In cooperation with your colleagues, you will lead project tendering, tender evaluation and execution of projects until handover to operation, within the fields of SCADA systems with focus on automation system for substation, auxiliary system, radio systems, IT infrastructure and WTG SCADA and control systems. Furthermore, you will be responsible for:
Your qualifications as a SCADA Project Manager
- handling project-related contractual and technical communication with subcontractors during construction;
- definition and fulfilment of technical specification, budget, time plan, quality and safety in relation to the Project Director or Managers;
- managing project-related activities required within the field of SCADA system such as stakeholders, sub suppliers and technical deliveries;
- managing FAT, SAT commissioning, documentation and subsequent handover to O&M, including general follow-up;
- cooperating with your colleagues in the construction and engineering departments, the operation team, SCADA department managers and team leads. Besides you are able to manage the assigned specialists from SCADA in the project, who can be both internal and external engineers.
You have a master’s degree in IT or Electrical Engineering or similar and have gained experience with automation and control systems from similar industries, preferably within the energy sector. In addition you need to have:
- Relevant experience with project management, preferably you have a Project Manager certification or similar;
- Knowledge about tendering, project planning and coordination, design, specification, test and documentation of SCADA systems;
- It will be beneficial if you have Knowledge about communication protocols for power system and automation systems;
- General knowledge about some of following areas: alarm handling, database system, server setup in a virtualized environment, Radio system and IT network.
As we operate in an international environment, it is essential that you speak and write English fluently. Moreover, you have strong communication skills and are able to communicate well with representatives from various professional groups, external business partners and colleagues.
- have a strong personal drive;
- can take a leading role in order to achieve results and ownership of the solutions;
- are a true team player and able to add to the existing team spirit;
- have a systematic and focused approach;
- are strongly performance oriented and like challenges;
- are good at capturing lessons learned;
- are comfortable with changing environment, dynamic organization and an international perspective;
- show a proactive approach towards stakeholders;
- will be able to make and implement decisions effectively.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development. Location
Amsterdam. However, you must expect travel activities related to your work, as you will be working on different projects in Northern Europe and have colleagues placed at different locations.More information
If you need more information as regards to the position, don’t hesitate to contact Brian Astrup, [email protected]
For more information about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Senior Recruiter, Bastiaan Moll, via [email protected]
Please send your application in English with curriculum vitae and cover letter attached via Vattenfall’s home page no later than 23rd of April 2017
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.Our organisation
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands.
The department is part of Business Area Wind, which is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind farms as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities. Today, we develop, construct and operate wind generation in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands. We are currently over 22 employees in the SCADA and Analysis department. We look forward to your application!