Vattenfall is one of Europe`s largest electricity generators and producers of heat. We operate in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map aiming at achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Do you want to shape the future?
We are now looking for a Senior Asset Portfolio Risk Manager Offshore Wind (m/f) to manage and control the (integrity) risks of our offshore wind portfolio. The position is an unlimited full-time position and can be located in London, Amsterdam Hamburg or Kolding.
The Senior Asset Portfolio Risk Manager Offshore Wind owns the site specific and consolidated asset integrity risk register of Vattenfall’s operating Offshore wind farms and is responsible to identify and evaluate integrity risks as well as to conclude/decide on mitigation measures. This position furthermore tracks if mitigation measures are implemented according to proposed action, quality, time and budget. This will be done in close cooperation with the operating sites and our Engineering and Windfarm Design departments. Additionally, this position is responsible for the continuous improvement of the risk management process as well the reporting of a consolidated and site specific risk register to senior management. This position will also support the development of a risk management competence hub within the Asset Management Department and the implementation of a risk and value based maintenance strategy.
This position will report to the Head of Asset Management. Due to the high and growing importance of risk management, this position will also play an active role in the Management Team of the Business Excellence and Asset Management Department. Furthermore this position gives the opportunity to shape and further develop the risk management set up/ processes across the whole BU Offshore wind.
Your job as Senior Asset Portfolio Risk Manager Offshore Wind
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ownership of the risk registers for individual sites and consolidated portfolio risk register.
• Conclude on appropriate mitigation measures of identified risks
• Ensure all risks and opportunities are identified and managed properly, timely and in a compliant manner with due regard to health & safety, technical, quality and cost objectives
• Initiate investigations across sites to clarify portfolio risk
• Support the Asset Management team in ensuring risk mitigation measured are developed and implemented
• Evaluating / tracking O&M risk profile and assist in decision making that affects it
• Ensure strategies for dealing with residual risk and assist in defining business continuity plans
• Ensure feedback from mitigating actions to continuously improve the risk management process
• Support in the drive towards risk and value based maintenance strategies
• Educate the various teams to create a culture of risk awareness
• Support toll gate decision making by providing the relevant risk reports in compliance with Vattenfall policies and procedures
• Support the Asset Management team in relation to developing risk management capabilities, guidelines and improvements, reporting in line with central risk policies etc.
• Contribute to the development of the risk management set up/processes across BU Offshore
Your profile as Senior Asset Portfolio Risk Manager Offshore Wind
• Risk management, engineering, technical or commercial qualification, graduate level or equivalent. Candidates with enough relevant experience in lieu of formal qualifications will be considered
• Minimum 5 years of experience in portfolio risk management in offshore renewables, offshore oil and gas, or similar complex industries
• Demonstrable risk management track record in major CAPEX, OPEX and portfolio environments
• Experience in NPV calculations, building risk cost models and use of Monte Carlo analytical software such as @ Risk for Excel.
• Experience in building schedule risk models and use of Monte Carlo schedule analysis software such as Pertmaster or Safran Risk.
• Experience with engineering disciplines associated with offshore wind (i.e. Structural/Civil, Electrical Systems, Wind Turbine Generators or O&M)
• Good knowledge of current health, safety and environmental legislation
• Good understanding of risk interfaces between contractual boundaries and technical implementation
• Strong manager and team player, with the ability to influence over a wide network of co-worker relationships and key stakeholders
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing, fluent in English
• Significant, demonstrable leadership and management skills
• Be results-oriented, able to meet tight deadlines and produce concise information for senior management
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to consolidate a large amount of information and to present the information in a clear and structured format
• Positive and highly cooperative mindset
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The location can be in London, Amsterdam, Hamburg or Kolding. However, you must expect travel activities related to your work in Northern Europe and you have colleagues placed at different locations.
Process and time line:
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is August 5th 2018.
For more information about the position, you are welcome to contact Dr. Klemens Millonig, Director Business Excellence & Asset Management, phone +49 1729911573
For more information about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Senior Recruiter Jette Ingeberg, phone +45 22 57 07 51.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like PV/Solar. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our Solar operations further.
We look forward to your application!