Are you passionate about developing big data analytics solutions and do you want to join the company that makes energy fossil-free within one generation?
Within Business Area Wind – Engineering – Analytics we are looking for a Senior Azure software developer.
Over the last years a foundation has been laid to gather data and analyse it with the main purpose of reducing Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE). Within the next year we aim to take our efforts to the next level. We focus on efficient delivery of analytics tools and target for maximum financial impact.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Role model that leads the team to the next level of professional software development. With high discipline to keep focus and finish what has been started.
- Translate the business need into an analysis solution and define the requirements for the underlying infrastructure.
- Write python code to analyse a large dataset containing signals from various sensors: temperature, electricity production, oil pressure, etc. Write high performance code to detect patterns and convert those to actionable insights.
- Drive requirements towards Digitalisation and IT
We are looking for:
We are looking for a person who is highly motivated, has a commercial mindset and has strong inter-personal skills. You are living up to our core values: Active, Open, Positive. You have proven skills in dealing with highly complex issues, problems and challenges. You are also skilled at working in cross-functional teams and have a passion to develop teams further.
- Minimum of eight years extensive experience in writing high performing models
- Python programmer with pyspark experience
- Big data experience, preferably with Azure portal.
- Database knowledge: blob, sql server, azure datawarehouse, hdfs
- Experience in designing applications from a lead architect perspective (organize workshop, writing down specs, define object responsibilities, design architecture)
- Wind domain knowledge is a pro but not required
- Pro but not required: AI/machine learning experience in Azure environment. Classification of timeseries data.
- Passion for spreading knowledge and educating colleagues
- Strong language skills in English, in writing and verbal
For effective teamwork this position will be physically located with the development team in Amsterdam. Some travel to sites and other offices will be required.
At Vattenfall you will work in an open and entrepreneurial environment. We offer you a challenging job in an informal, dynamic working environment. You can play a part in shaping the future of our fastest growing business unit. Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere. We want to be the best in what we do.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter. Last day to apply is February, 24th.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Marc Spoorendonk (+31627852277), Head of Analytics.
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Marlies van Heymbeeck, Recruiter, +31 (0)6 15604138.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to your application!