Would you like to work in the dynamic environment of the trading floor? Do you want to contribute to the further successful development of the trading function using your analytical, management, and commercial capabilities? Then this job could be something for you.
For our office in Hamburg we are looking for a (Senior) Business Developer (m/f) in the Business Development Trading team.
The Business Development team within the Business Unit Trading works closely with the Head of BU Trading and the trading desk heads to advance the trading function. The team takes a leading role in designing and implementing the BU’s strategy, and drives both changes and commercial projects across all commodity areas.
Your job as a (Senior) Business Developer (m/f):
- Analyse the constantly changing (trading) market environment to derive the implications for BU Trading’s strategy and identify related new business opportunities
- Structure and coordinate BU Trading’s overall business development, including prioritisation and follow-up of the project portfolio as well as coordination of relevant stakeholders
- Develop business cases and conduct analysis to open up new markets or businesses
- Facilitate the delivery of new growth initiatives and complex commercial projects in cooperation with the trading desks
- Support and drive internal efficiency and change initiatives
- Support in the coordination of the consolidation of the Continental trading activities in Hamburg
Your profile as a (Senior) Business Developer (m/f):
- Strong academic background with a Master’s degree in economics, math, engineering or a similar quantitative discipline
- At least 3-4 years relevant experience in the energy sector – preferably in a commercial environment
- Experience in managing complex projects and aligning the interest of different stakeholders
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Strong commercial drive combined with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to travel
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and talented individual who wants to progress their career with a challenging and changeable job within a leading company in its field with good career and personal development opportunities.
We are striving for diversity & inclusion and we therefore welcome applications from all individuals regardless of e.g. age, gender, disability and ethnic background.
Business Area Markets maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with more than 560 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
Within Markets the Business Unit (BU) Trading is the energy trading hub of the Vattenfall Group.
BU Trading is responsible for all trading activities around Vattenfall´s asset and customer flows to maximize value creation and improve sourcing costs. It provides all market access services for standard OTC- and exchange-based energy commodities for the Vattenfall Group, which means managing all hedging flows, from generation assets or customers, by Market Access.
For questions on the position please contact Kilian Leykam at +494024430 235. For more information on the recruitment process, do not hesitate to contact our recruiter Selma Budak at +4940790227788.
We look forward to receiving your application (via our website) in English, including a motivation letter.