Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like PV/Solar. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our Solar operations further.
As of the 1st of July 2017, Business Area Wind in Vattenfall has changed its operational model and restructured the organisation to a product line structure comprising three business units, namely Onshore, Offshore and PV & Battery.
Do you want to shape the future?
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Senior Commissioning Engineer for the department Construction & Commissioning Offshore, reporting to the Head of Construction & Commissioning Offshore within BA Wind.
As Senior Commissioning Engineer within the Offshore Construction Support organisation you will be responsible for the safe and timely commissioning of Vattenfall’s offshore wind farms. You will be the right hand to the department head and will not be allocated to a specific project.
You will have the following key responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall management, execution and coordination of offshore commissioning activities
- Produce and maintain a robust commissioning plan with all supporting documentation and procedures for commissioning activities
- Control all work and operation of the electrical system so as to ensure the safety of employees, contractors and others that may be affected by the work or operation of the electrical system
- Implement and administer the Vattenfall Electrical Safety Rules for offshore windfarm work activities in such a way so as to ensure that high HSSE standards are maintained
- Design commissioning activities so as to ensure a fast ramp up of windfarm production by minimising the offshore working time required to bring newly constructed plant into an operational state (the use of decentralised diesel generators is to be avoided)
- Ensure wind farm commissioning teams are sufficiently resourced, trained and organised
- Maintain a transparent and open communication link to the line organisation and management
- Ensure good coordination and communication between all parties associated with the project
- Maintain an overview of the manufacturing, testing, construction, installation and commissioning activities of contractors and suppliers to secure commissioning objectives
- Provide guidance and ensure compliance with country (DK, DE, UK) specific legislation and regulations with respect to electrical activities
- Manage and oversee the safety, coordination and daily activities of the authorised and competent persons
- Control of operational procedures related to energisation of substations, cables, switchgear and turbines
- Ensure grid code compliance testing is adequately specified and carried out
- Manage and operate the electrical system until such time that the Vattenfall Operations department is ready to take full control of the system
- Ensure a smooth handover of the safe system of work and supporting information required for operations to the Vattenfall Operations team including, provision of as-built information and pertinent operation manuals
- Training and integration of Vattenfall Operations staff with the Commissioning team in preparation for handover
The role will be flexible in terms of base location (Hamburg, Kolding or Esbjerg). During the planning phase frequent trips will be required to the Hamburg, Esbjerg and Kolding project offices. If required you will also be expected to work on projects across our offshore portfolio. You will be using your knowledge, experience and sound judgement to lead all aspects of offshore windfarm commissioning work.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelors/Masters engineering degree or similar
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience
- Experience with the management of electrical safety on large scale electrical power plant construction projects
- Experience with the control of MV/HV electrical equipment as well as switching operations experience
- MV/HV systems commissioning knowledge and experience
- Good knowledge of, and experience working with, grid code and grid connection requirements
- Business level English language ability, written and spoken
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in an international environment with a team spread over multiple locations
- Ability to manage people
- Well organised and structured work approach
- A background in the offshore windfarm engineering and construction industry is preferred
Process and time line
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is October 8th 2017.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please do not hesitate to contact the hiring manager Girshen Padayachee on +49 152 546 266 39. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Vanessa Koop, phone +4940790227786.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to your application!