Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are looking for Senior Electrical Engineers for our Business Area Wind, Offshore, Engineering. Your main responsibilities will be to bring expertise into the business in terms of electrical design, wind farm system protection, onshore and offshore cable systems, on- and offshore substations, consenting and construction issues for electrical plant, industry best practice.
Are you interested in a job with a lot of potential and possibilities and do you want to be a part of an organization with special focus on Renewable, you are maybe the person we are looking for.
You will be a part of the Electrical department with colleagues located in various locations across European locations. The preferred location for these positions would be Kolding, with Hamburg and London also being a possibility.
The department is the technical know-how centre within Business Area Wind, setting the standards and guidelines, as well as being embedded in our projects, both through the development and implementation face as well as the generation department.
Description of the position as Senior Electrical Engineer
• Substation design (switchgear, aux. transformers, insulation, etc.)
• Power system protection philosophy for wind farms (protection functions, relays settings, signal interface with SCADA, etc.)
• Design and rating of LV distribution systems
• MV Cable design, testing and installation in on- and offshore wind farms
• Contractors interface management during construction phase of electrical installations in on- and offshore wind farms
• Supporting the projects during the tendering process
• Preparing technical documentation
• Review of design documentation from suppliers and Contractors
• Supporting the organisation with technical expertise
Qualifications as Senior Electrical Engineer
• M.Sc in Electrical engineering
• Significant experience in the wind industry (offshore wind preferable)
• Experience with the protection of wind farms and relay settings
• Experience with design and construction of on- and offshore substations
• Experience with MV/HV on- and offshore cables
• Practical and theoretical experience
• Experience with trouble-shooting within areas like cable- or switchgear electrical faults
• Min 5 years of experience
• Good English language skills and a plus if you also have good Danish/German language skills
• Flexible approach to travel
You have a high degree of self motivation with a flexible approach to work. You possess good interpersonal skills works well with other people, and you have an innovative mindset. You are result-oriented and you organize and prioritize your work effectively meeting required deadlines. You have the courage to act on your conviction, and you display discretion under time pressure.
Kolding, Denmark is the preferred location but could also be Hamburg or London.
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development
If you have any questions to the recruiting process please contact Recruiting Specialist Jette Ingeberg on +45 22 57 07 51.
Apply online on this page.
For your information
The position is advertised on several jobsites, where different regulations apply. Thus there is no time limit on the advertisement; instead we will remove it once the position has been occupied.
We look forward to receiving your application,
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
BA Wind is responsible for the development, construction, and operation of wind power. We manage the maintenance, operation, and continuous improvement of wind generation assets, safely and with the highest levels of availability and profitability.
We carry out the sourcing and development of wind projects as well as having the full responsibility for wind project execution. We also perform the structuring and execution of project partnerships in accordance with overall wind strategy.