Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position of
Senior Engineering Manager
in the department Engineering within OU Heat Projects for projects in Germany, The Netherlands and Sweden and the UK.
OU Heat Projects enables climate smarter living by developing and realizing projects that create the most optimal asset based solutions for BA Heat and Vattenfall. These high complex projects (e.g. (novel) new build, extension or non-standard modification projects) are developed and realized in three project portfolio teams. The project portfolio teams are supported by two staff departments, Engineering and Project Excellence. The department Engineering comprises of an international team with highly qualified professionals within OU Heat Projects and is responsible for the complete engineering process. This ranges from developing and comparison of technical concepts in the earliest phase of the project, via the technical specification of a plant in the invitation to tender, technical bid evaluation and negotiation and finally managing the technical performance of the contractor(s) up to and including commissioning and start-up. The department also delivers support to projects for scheduling, cost estimating and QA/QC management.
What are the responsibilities of the Senior Engineering Manager?
- Steer of Engineering Team(s) in one or more Projects (Engineering Management).
- Steer the development of technical concepts in the early phase of projects, resulting in a concept selection with sufficient definition in a Basic Design Package.
- Ensure sufficiently adequate cost estimates for the concepts proposed.
- Besides ensuring the technical integrity, also strongly focus on the strategic goal of reducing CO2-emissions and finally avoid the use of fossil fuels within one generation.
- Actively contribute in the development of attractive business cases by proposing smart and innovative concepts.
- Potentially participate in execution of projects. This will imply contributing to and reviewing of Invitations To Tenders, technical contract negotiations and reviewing the technical performance of contractors during engineering, construction and commissioning of projects.
- Participate in meetings on project and portfolio level, also with external parties like suppliers and customers.
- Participate in reviews of other projects.
You will report to the Manager Development Engineering.
What are we looking for?
Our successful candidate has a relevant University (Msc) degree in mechanical, energy or process engineering, with a minimum of 10 years relevant work experience in the field of technical energy project development as process engineer and engineering manager . You also have extensive experience in working in and leading teams with technical professionals. You have a very good command of English and German, both verbally and in writing. Command of Dutch is a plus.
Your personal characteristics and competences:
- MSc degree in mechanical, energy or process engineering.
- Good interpersonal and leading skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, verbally and in writing.
- Structured worker.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Self-propelling and a good team player
- Experience in international cooperation, culturally sensitive.
- Solid knowledge of a wide range of available and new technologies for power and heat generation.
- Thorough knowledge of the Engineering Process
- Proven successful experience in development engineering management.
- Good focus on safety and safety in design.
- You enjoy working on international, multidisciplinary projects and have no problem with frequent travelling.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Geert Laagland via +31 6 1585 3256. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Niels Krul via +31 6 5243 8014. We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the link further down the page.
We look forward to receiving your application!