Senior Geophysicist Offshore in BA Wind
Vattenfall is one of Europe`s largest electricity generators and producers of heat. We operate in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map aiming at achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Do you want to shape the future?
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Senior Geophysicist reporting to the Head of Geoscience within Engineering Offshore in BA Wind.
Overall purpose of the role:
We seek a technical motivated Senior Geophysicist with an innovative mindset to bring Vattenfall’s offshore wind developments into the next generation. The geophysical input to the project works is key to optimize the development of the sites, to manage geohazards and to lower the cost.
The Senior Geophysicist will be a core team member responsible for managing and delivering technical assessments and completing analyses on work packages for foundations & cables and installation of same. The Senior Geophysicist will input to all stages of Vattenfall’s project portfolio from feasibility, development, design through to operation and ultimately decommissioning.
Main Responsibilities & Tasks:
• Act as a role model and take personal responsibility for H&S, safe behavior and well-being at work
• Offering expert geophysical support and knowledge to projects
• Specification, management and delivery of geological site assessments on offshore wind projects and interpretation of data to develop ground models
• Managing, coordinating and delivering own tasks on work packages for foundations from development / detailed design through to commissioning
• Participating in expert working groups in the R&D projects where Vattenfall is currently engaged
• Ensuring Project Control, Quality and Risk management of foundation work packages in relation to ground conditions
• Representing Vattenfall at industry level
• Developing and managing ground model within Geoscience Team
• Assist in planning and development of tasks related to geophysical, geotechnical, and geohazards investigations and studies
• Management and interpretation of geophysical site studies and calibration with geotechnical information to develop design basis
• Assisting internal design team in handling geophysical issues
• Evaluation of new technology
• Preparation of feasibility studies and contribute to conceptual design studies
• Design review of foundations in relation to ground conditions and geohazards
• Liaise with technical colleagues in other international offices
• Preparation and evaluation of tender documents for site investigation and survey
• Provide technical input to commercial agreements and contracts to ensure project risks are mitigated
• Contribute to the identification and management of ground risks and opportunities to the projects
• A master's degree or PhD in geophysics/marine geology (or similar relevant)
• Minimum five years of relevant experience with applied geophysics in offshore projects
• Experience of geological analyses and relevant standards
• Experienced user of geophysical software package (Kingdom, Oasis Montaj)
• Speak and write English fluently and have excellent communication skills
• Ability to translate technical detail into commercial impact
• High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work
Location for this role will be in London (UK) or Kolding (DK) and the position will require travel to various site / office locations in UK, Denmark, Germany and internationally within northern Europe.
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues as ‘Ask and Share’ concept is essential for the way we work. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development
Process and time line
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the 24th February 2019.
We look forward to receiving your application!
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact our Senior Recruiter Jette Ingeberg +45 22570751.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20.000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK with the ambition to increase the portfolio within northern Europe. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.