For our Civil Engineering group within our Business Area Wind, we are looking for a Senior Geophysicist /UXO survey and EOD specialist with experience from either offshore or the wind business. You should have strong competences within geophysics but also be able to carry out other tasks within civil/structural engineering and offshore wind farm construction.
Are you interested in a job with a lot of potential and possibilities and do you want to be a part of a growing organization with special focus on Renewables, you are maybe the person we are looking for.
The department is the technical know-how centre within Business Area Wind, setting the standards and guidelines, as well as being embedded in our projects, both through the development and implementation phase as well as the operation & maintenance phase lead by our generation department.
Description of the position as Senior Geophysicist
The Senior Geophysicist / UXO survey and EOD specialist position within the Geoscience and Offshore Construction team covers responsibility for developing and maintaining geophysical survey requirements for offshore windfarm foundations and cable routes. Translating survey results into technical details and requirements relevant for the development, construction and operation of windfarms will be an integral part of this position.
Key working assignments will be
- Tender management, survey supervision, data processing and quality assurance for bathymetric, seismic and magnetometer datasets
- Responsibility for QC of data collection for magnetometer, gradiometer, side-scan, multibeam and pinger systems
- Unexploded ordnance survey and identification experience in connection with both on- and offshore works as well as associated software packages for data processing and management
- Target discrimination, interpretation and reporting
- Risk assessments and management related to ordnance, boulders, archaeology, seabed mobility, consenting requirements and geohazards in general
- Develop and maintain UXO desk studies, risk assessments and mitigation strategy with internal and external stakeholders
- Cooperation with the survey team as well as the Civil structures department and packages during windfarm development and construction
Qualifications as Senior Geophysicist / UXO survey and EOD specialist
• Degree in Geology, Geophysics, Environmental or Marine Sciences or similar
• Experience from the field of wind or oil and gas sector, experience in shallow geophysical survey interpretation and site investigation data
• UXO survey / UXO inspection and EOD operational experience
• Good analytical skills.
• Ability to translate and communicate technical details and results
• Good communication skills and master English in speech and writing
You have a strong ability to translate technical results and operational requirements into all aspects of onshore and offshore construction works and the drive to engage with external stakeholders and contractors.
You can work self dependent while sharing and seeking knowledge in the team. You are motivated, showing initiative and with a flexible approach to the work. You possess good interpersonal skills and can communicate technical messages on a clear and constructive way both internally and to contractual partners. You have an innovative mind-set working result-oriented and meeting required deadlines.
As our offshore projects are located various places across northern Europe some travel should be expected.
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development
For questions regarding the technical details of the position, please contact Team Lead Geoscience Wolf Semm on +45 27 87 58 50, if you have any questions to the recruiting process please contact Senior Recruiter Jette Ingeberg on +45 22 57 07 51.
Apply online on this page.
For your information
The position is advertised on several jobsites, where different regulations apply. Thus there is no time limit on the advertisement; instead we will remove it once the position has been occupied.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Vattenfall is a European energy company with approximately 20.000 employees. Together we produce heat and electricity from the energy sources; wind, hydro, biomass, solar, nuclear, coal and gas. To continuously and reliably deliver energy to our society we need a variety of energy sources.
BA Wind is responsible for the development, construction and operation of wind power. We manage the maintenance, operation and continuous improvement of wind generation assets, safety and with the highest levels of availability and profitability. We carry out the sourcing and development of wind projects as well as having the full responsibility for wind project execution. We also perform the structuring and execution of project partnerships in accordance with overall wind strategy.