Do you have a passion for Operational Risk and want the opportunity to to drive and influence an improved risk culture?
Vattenfall, Business Area Markets is now looking for a Senior Operational Risk Manager (m/f)
reporting to the Vice President of Business Development & Governance. The location of this position is Hamburg
You will be a senior member of the Operational Risk Function, comprising a small team of Operational Risk Managers. With your colleagues you will drive the establishment of the operational risk framework and instil an operational risk culture in BA Markets. For the right candidate there is a possibility to evolve into Function Lead.
BA Markets has 500+ professionals operating out of Hamburg, Stockholm, and Amsterdam. We trade the full range of energy commodities such as electricity, gas, oil, coal, freight, renewable certificates and emissions. We also take responsibility for optimizing, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall’s generation assets and customers, and have a sizeable energy wholesale services business.
Key Personal & Behavioural Competencies
- Develop and drive an operational risk culture change program in BA Markets
- Develop, enhance and implement a high quality operational risk framework with supporting tools and methodologies
- Identify, assess and where appropriate drive and strengthen the components of the internal risk management framework and mitigate major operational risk exposures
- Continuously strengthen and maintain the existing operational risk framework:
- Incident management: Develop the incident process and ensure investigation incidents throughout BA Markets including implementation of mitigating actions
- Risk assessment: enhance the risk assessment methodology and ensure risks throughout BA Markets are identified, assessed, managed and monitored
- Operational Risk reporting; Develop reporting on all management layers of BA Markets to ensure adequate escalation of information and communicate the message of Operational Risk. Including development of Key Risk Indicators
- Take responsibility for and coordinate parts of the framework and activities of the Operational Risk Function
- Ensure operational risk requirements and expectations are met
- Design and implement operational risk training and culture program
- Build strong relationships with key business stakeholders and ensure operational risk is
- Exercise credible, effective and independent challenge as a second line of defense
- Self-starter with a risk management and control mindset and ability to grasp concepts quickly
- Provide Credible Challenge
- Recognise risk and its full impacts for the entire business
- Uses risk assessments to inform business decisions and improve internal controls framework
- Able to challenge attitudes, ideas and actions at all levels (ability to manage different stakeholders on all managerial levels and stand your ground against senior management)
- Immediate response to events and changes in the risk environment
- Helps others to clear barriers to raising new risks and proposing improvements to risk mitigation
- Leads open discussion at all levels of risk issues, encouraging frankness and avoiding personal blame or criticism
- You have excellent communication skills and are able to understand, assess and present complex problems with clarity
- Innovative and open to new ideas
- You have a willingness to travel
- M.Sc. in Engineering, Economics, Mathematics or in Business Administration or relevant degree
- 10+ years working experience, with a minimum of 5 years operational or enterprise risk management
- Very strong command of English both verbally and written
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background. SF Business Development & Governance
sets out the future strategic direction and ensures that BA Markets objectives are realized in a controlled manner, thereby safeguarding that BA Markets can do business today and tomorrow.
Last date of application: 30. April 2017More information:
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Martijn Portegijs at +31 650623903.
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Selma Budak at +49 40 79022 7788.
We look forward to your application!