Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are now looking for the right person to fill the position as Senior Project Management Officer in Vattenfall’s Business Area Wind Offshore.
Your responsibilities as Senior Project Management Officer
- Alignment between the BU Offshore project (sponsor either being Market Development or Project Delivery) and BA Wind with regard to Vattenfall Management Model (VPMM) and the Vattenfall Management System
- Preparation of project tollgates (TG 1-5, where applicable)
- Preparation and follow up of Project Steering Group (PSG) meetings
- Ensure that the Project Handbook and associated documents are being made project specific and kept up to date during project execution
- Support the continuous improvement of VPMM
- Coordination of Lessons Learned from the HKWFZ project
- Use the existing standard reporting, (Monthly Report, Project Steering Group slides, Sponsor update) make it project specific and provide high quality reporting to the relevant stakeholders
- Coordination and finalization of governing bodies and stakeholders
- Ensure that all relevant input for the standard reporting is received by doing highly efficient stakeholder management (in particular with Package Manager, Commercial and Technical Project Manager)
- Support the continuous improvement of the standard reporting
Support of Project Director / Project Manager
- Preparation and follow up of status meetings with Package Manager (Reporting Days)
- Provide analysis to support Project Director’s decision
- Action and decision tracking
- Support the project’s resource management & budget and cost control
- Potential stand in (where needed) for Project Director
- Support in preparations of presentations for internal decision making, project reporting, conferences, meetings with 3rd parties and governing bodies
- Support in coordination of weekly Project Management Group Meetings incl. agenda setting, preparation, participation and action & decision tracker follow-up
Your profile as Senior Project Management Officer
- Degree in Engineering, Business administrations or equivalent
- At least 5 years on the job experience as Project Management Officer (or equivalent), preferably in large scale construction projects
- Experience in offshore wind industry preferred
- Good understanding of complex commercial and/or technical issues and their potential impact on projects
- Excellent communication and strong stakeholder management skills
- Structured, good time management and a passion to follow up on and close out issues
- Ready to take ad hoc tasks and deal with them in a pragmatic way in the absence of processes
- Good intercultural understanding and preferably proven track record in internal project management
- Open, positive, active
- Excellent English
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The location of this position is flexible with workspace available in Hamburg, Kolding, Amsterdam or London. Regular business trips are required.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button on this page. We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website. Please send in your application until July 20th 2018.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Hiring Manager Raphael Rendon +49 40 27182035. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Recruiter Vanessa Koop, +49 40 790227786.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to your application!