Do you want to shape the future?
We are now looking for a Senior Public and Regulatory Advisor to play a prominent role in supporting our growing activities in the Danish market. In this newly created role you will monitor, analyze and work to influence the public and regulatory environment as well as media with a view to profile Vattenfall as a responsible, trustworthy supplier enabling green transformation for consumers, business and society. Developing and maintaining excellent stakeholders and media relations are the key success factors.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest generators of electricity and the largest producer of heat. Vattenfall’s main products are electricity, heat and gas. As a proudly progressive and open organization, Vattenfall is committed to continually accelerating and powering this transition to further electrification and renewable energy. Making it a reality is a significant challenge: there are economic, social and technological issues to be resolved. But we believe that by positively working together with customers and organizations beyond our own, we can make fossil free energy a reality sooner.
Your responsibilities as Senior Public and Regulatory Advisor
Public affairs support:
• Design and implement an external engagement strategy for Denmark
• Proactive PRA/lobby and strategic outreach work towards key stakeholders in Denmark
• Establish and maintain regular contact with politicians, political advisors, civil servants, non- departmental public bodies or regulators, industry associations, think tanks, NGO´s and academics to keep them informed about Vattenfall´s work and policies
• Monitor and Report on relevant issues to Country Manager/Denmark and senior colleagues and arrange follow-up submission.
• Monitor and assess trends and themes, including recommendations from regulators, e.g. EnergiKommissionen, white papers, the EU, industry associations, academics etc.
• Monitor proceedings of Folketinget especially The Energy Utilities and Climate Committee and provide analysis for colleagues.
• Write or edit submissions to government or regulatory consultations.
• Support community-related PA work (onshore/near shore) and local media relations – wind power projects in Denmark.
• Organize and attend events like Folkemødet, annual meetings in industry associations etc.
Media relations and corporate communications tasks:
• Proactive media work to advance Vattenfall in Denmark in close cooperation with the Nordic Media Relations team.
• Draft press releases/web content and build relationships with media contacts, prepare media statements and Q&A.
• Crisis contingency planning and crisis communications support.
Your profile as Senior Public and Regulatory Advisor:
• University degree in economics, industrial engineering and business administration, political and social science, law or similar field.
• Excellent energy market knowledge and extensive background in strategic communications and public affairs.
• Combine strong analytical capacity with commercial thinking.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to build trust with different stakeholders.
• Solid experience from working in an international environment.
• We are looking for a person with at least 8 years’ experience from work in public and regulatory affairs.
• Strong drive to get information, listen, analyze and use your knowledge to influence
• As a person you are proactive, curious and open minded. You are a team-player with networking and intercultural skills that put great value in building relations and influence people around you.
Public & Regulatory Affairs – Nordic is part of Staff Function Communications. The main tasks of the team are to monitor, report on and analyze national policy and regulatory developments in the Nordic market of strategic developments, mitigate negative impacts and maximize potential benefits for Vattenfall. With the support of Vattenfall´s business areas and communication departments we propose, prepare and carry out activities
A challenging, international work environment with the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The location of the position is in Copenhagen. Some travelling is expected.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Head of Public & Regulatory Affairs – Nordic Cecilia Hellner, phone +46-70-5437158
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Senior Recruiter Jette Ingeberg, phone +45 22 57 07 51.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the 23rd of April 2017.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity & inclusion helps building a more attractive, efficient, customer centric and profitable company. Therefore we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, religious belief, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
Vattenfall is a European energy company with approximately 20.000 employees. Together we produce heat and electricity from the energy sources; wind, hydro, biomass, solar, nuclear, coal and gas. To continuously and reliably deliver energy to our society we need a variety of energy sources
We look forward to your application!