Do you want to shape the future?
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Senior (Strategy) Project Manager, reporting to the Director of Business Excellence & Asset Management Offshore in BA Wind.
In your role as Senior (Strategy) Project Manager you will lead cross functional projects, which are of high strategic importance and secure their straight forward implementation. Furthermore you will be responsible to guide/support BU Offshore by implementing strategic initiatives related to the yearly strategy plan. This includes a proactive sparring with the respective functions, but also hand on support if needed to hit the milestone plans.
Additionally you will moderate and drive all measures related to the further development of the operating model of BU Offshore. Hereby you will act as a “neutral” advisor, developing and proposing solutions that generate most value for BU Offshore.
Your main responsibilities as Senior (Strategy) Project Manager
- Run projects of high (strategic) importance across the whole BU Offshore
- Secure implementation (and tracking) of strategic initiatives. Support and guide Units in strategy implementation (intellectual sparring partner as well as pragmatic hand on support)
- First line of support for all major projects
- Drive and support BU Offshore by the further development of the operating model. This includes moderation of different interests but also a proactive proposal of specific solutions
- Prepare conceptual solutions for strategic/organizational topics
- Identify and propose improvement measures across the whole BU Offshore
- Give strategic advice to the Head of Business Excellence & Asset Management
Your profile as Senior (Strategy) Project Manager
- University degree (or equal) in economics/engineering with a minimum of 10 years relevant work experience, including a consultancy background (senior consultant level)
- Knowledge of the Wind business strongly beneficial
- Proven track record within the field of project management
- Skilled in dealing with complex issues, problems and challenges
- Structured, pro-active and able to go into the details whilst maintaining the overview
- Strong stakeholder manager and a cooperative team player
- Highly motivated, result driven and communicative
- Committed to deadlines and eagerness to take ownership
- Excellent power point skills
The unit as well as the industry is in rapid change and our successful candidate needs to be able to combine a strategic and commercial focus with operational capability building on the foundations already established through the last years of development.
The location can be in London, Amsterdam, Hamburg or Kolding. However, you must expect travel activities related to your work in Northern Europe and you have colleagues placed at different locations.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
The Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like PV/Solar. Our offshore business is amongst the top three players globally and we are currently constructing the world’s first subsidy free offshore site. Our offshore portfolio consists at present of 1,6 GW installed capacity and 2,0 GW, which are under construction or in pre-construction. It is our clear ambition to continue and to even accelerate our strong growth in the future.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website. Please let us know your salary expectations. Last day to apply is September 28th 2018.
For more information about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Senior Recruiter Vanessa Koop, phone +4940790227786 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to your application!