Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Main responsibilities as Server Engineer/IT Platform Administrator
As Server Engineer you will configure, test and operate our server and backup infrastructure.
You will be part of the SCADA / Wind Power Data Centre team responsible for data integration of all wind farms. Collect, store and process data related to wind, to offer the business process data to support their task through advanced and reporting tools.
• Enterprise-level Systems Administration experience with Windows Server. This includes daily administration, loading operating systems, updating firmware and BIOS, installing latest patches and anti-virus, proactively monitoring of servers and storage, back-ups/failover, routine maintenance, change management and regular documented reporting of system maintenance.
• Participate in server design and implementations of the selected solutions.
• Support windfarm projects from tender to O&M.
• Administration of users/groups/privileges
• Create and maintain drawings and documentation
• Windows Server Administration, including AD, DNS, GPO
• Basic Microsoft SQL Server administration
• Managing virtual desktop infrastructure (VmwareView/Citrix)
• Managing Veeam backup and disaster restore.
• Managing Vmware
• Operate Orion Solarwinds monitoring system
• Operate and plan in Jira project and Jira service desk
• The successful candidate must have the ability to oversee all aspects of data center operations including but not limited to replacement of equipment, cable management, ensuring proper cooling and power, maintenance of schematics, inventory management, and future planning.
• Experience with administration of VMWare, SAN Technologies, IBM SVC and HP Lefthand, Store Virtual is preferred.
• Off-hour/on-call support as required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Cisco network
• Experience with Microsoft Office Products
• Proven record of successful execution in cross-team collaborative IT environment
• Proactive approach to problem solving
As we operate in an international environment, it is essential that you speak and write English Fluently and an advantage if you speak and write Danish. Moreover, you have strong communication skills and are able to communicate well with representatives from various professional groups, external business partners and colleagues
• You have a strong personal drive, responsibility and ownership of your tasks.
• You are a true team player and able to add to the existing team spirit.
• You can act and work in a dynamic environment.
• You have a systematic and focused approach.
• You are strongly performance oriented – enjoy a challenge and good at capturing lessons learned.
• You see documentation as a natural and integrated part of the work.
• You are comfortable with a changing environment and an international perspective.
• You show a proactive approach towards tasks and stakeholders.
• You are able to make and implement decisions effectively.
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues as ‘Ask and Share’ concept is essential for the way we work. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The location of the position is Esbjerg. The job can require limited travelling activities to our Wind project sites in Europe.
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Jette Ingeberg, Senior Recruiter, phone +45 22 57 07 51.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. The application deadline is November 3rd 2017, but we conduct interviews on an ongoing basis. Therefore we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you..
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, The Netherlands and the UK.