Do you find satisfaction in understanding how your expertise enables our business applications and by that be able to Power Climate Smarter Living? We want to strengthen our System Design & Delivery team with an additional colleague who is driven by technical challenges and the urge to always find better and more efficient ways of delivering services to the customer. The Systems Design & Delivery team is a multi-competence team located in Berlin, Hamburg, Stockholm, and Amsterdam, coordinating and operating IT services like infrastructural and application services to all business areas in Vattenfall.
We are looking for an ambitious
Service Delivery Coordinator
Your base location will be in Berlin (preferred) or Hamburg.
Your Job as Service Delivery Coordinator (SDC)
In the role of Service Delivery Coordinator you will work in a team that is very close to infrastructure maintenance as well as the business. To succeed in this role, you should be self-driven, exact, analytic, critical and know how to prioritize. You are not only an expert technician, but you also have social competence and understand the need of the business. You always challenge yourself and others on how to improve, are open to suggestions from others, but can also give suggestions yourself. This job requires some international traveling. You will need to be able to work independently in an international team which meets more virtually than physically.
Your key activities as Service Delivery Coordinator
- Central contact person for all technical questions regarding the services and their components
- Coordination and execution of tasks for service lifecycle management (Planning, installation, upgrade and decommission)
- Main role in solving incidents, planning and execution of changes and root cause analysis of problems
- Steering of incident processes, administrative activities, patch strategies, backup and recovery plans, catastrophe protection and downtimes
- Design of infrastructure, based on application specific requirements, and creation of operational concepts and ITIL service trees
- Creation and update of documentation
- Leading of small size infrastructure initiatives
- 2nd level and operational support
- You are expected to take part in an on-call schedule, shared with your team mates
Your Profile as Service Delivery Coordinator
- An academic degree in IT, engineering, science or mathematics or relevant job experience
- Experience in operation of services
- Technical expertise in IT infrastructure (server, storage, backup, network)
- Thorough knowledge of operating systems (Linux/Windows)
- Good understanding of IT security
- Knowledge and experience in Cloud (Azure)
- Experience in handling ITIL processes (Incident / Change / Problem / Config)
- Experience in supporting projects
- Experience in a large international environment
- Experience in troubleshooting and (root cause) analysis
- Be able to work under pressure
- Ability to translate complicated technical matters into simple understandable language
- German: Native or native-like speaker
- English: Fluent, both spoken and written
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
What we offer
We offer an exciting and challenging job where you work close to business as well as to technology. You will have the chance to broaden your area of expertise even more and gain a solid understanding of the energy utility business as well. Vattenfall wants to be your employer of choice and offers excellent primary and fringe benefits. Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere. We want to be the best in what we do. We offer good remuneration, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth:
- an unlimited contract
- an office in Berlin or Hamburg
- working from home
- flexible working hours including part time contracts
- 30 days of vacational leave
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Vattenfall IT is the internal provider of IT for the entire Vattenfall Group. With 1.400 employees located in Germany, Poland, the Netherlands and Sweden we contribute to our international business success. We are now looking for a new Service Delivery Coordinator (SDC) to support the Systems Design & Delivery team, which is a part of the Core IT department and responsible for the technical operation of all server based applications.
For further questions regarding the position please contact hiring manager Cejay Sam-Sin +31 627 845 183. For information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact recruiter Bettina Keil +49 40 79022 2289. Please apply directly with your English CV and cover letter through our website.