Do you want to explore, define and validate new business opportunities for Vattenfall? Do you want to work with innovative entrepreneurs and set up partnerships and investments with startups? We are now looking for an experienced and ambitious Start-up Scout and Venture Developer (m/f). It is a fulltime position with a limited contract for the duration of two years. The location is Berlin.
You will be a part of the Business Development team in Business Area Wind. We are responsible for creating new innovative business models around renewables, digitalization and decentralized energy generation. To support these activities, the open innovation platform green:field has been set up in 2016. green:field connects internal entrepreneurs and start-ups and supports them to build strong business models and realise their ideas. With green:field we want to establish new offers to clients, get access to state of the art technologies and drive the energy turnaround.
Your key activities as a Start-up Scout and Venture Developer will be:
Find and mentor internal and external entrepreneurs to set up strategic partnerships and investments
- Scouting for start-ups and small enterprises
- Evaluation of business models from external and internal entrepreneurs
- Financial analysis, due diligence, legal setup
- Mentoring for green:field partner companies and corporate start-ups
- Communication towards stakeholders incl. start-ups, internal experts and external partners
- Be part of an entrepreneurial team, drive cultural change in Vattenfall
Develop new business opportunities
- Evaluate new developments in the energy industry and identify innovative business opportunities
- Develop business plans and market entry strategies
- Summarise and present your findings to internal and external stakeholders
Your profile as a Start-up Scout and Venture Developer:
Are you triggered by renewable energy? Do you think digital business models will change the energy market and enable the energy turnaround? Do you think a cooperation between start-ups and a corporate can be implemented on eye level? Perfect! We are looking for someone with a VC and entrepreneurial background who wants to contribute to exactly those questions.
Within Business Development we value your communication skills as much as your hard skills. We are looking for a good communicator who is able to listen, bring a message across clearly, retrieve the information needed and has the ability to adapt to her/his audience. In addition you should have:
- University degree in Engineering, Business Administration, IT or similar
- Minimum 5 years working experience in the start-up and/or VC environment and preferably know-how of renewable energy
- Self-driven and pragmatic personality, performance-oriented with ability to prioritize
- Inspiring and entrepreneurial character with the ambition to bring new business ideas to life and motivate other people
- Cooperative with strong team building and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English and German, written and spoken
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
Working at Vattenfall means more than 'just' having an interesting job in a result-oriented culture. Working at green:field means understanding and mediating between both sides: corporate and start-up. Here you will be part of a challenging, complex and international work environment. green:field is a new initiative at Vattenfall, you have the chance to shape this open innovation platform together with us.
Vattenfall is a European energy company with over 20 000 employees. Together we produce heat and electricity from six energy sources; wind, hydro, biomass, nuclear, coal and gas. To continuously and reliably deliver energy to our society we need a variety of energy sources.
The Vattenfall Business Area Wind runs all offshore and onshore wind projects (development, construction and execution) and manages as well as operates all wind farms (offshore and onshore) in our core markets. In addition, the BA takes care of identifying profitable growth options for any other kind of renewable energy sources and developing solutions for system integration of renewable energy sources.
For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Vanessa Koop, Recruiter, phone +4940790227786 or mail email@example.com.
We welcome your application in German or English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Please let us know your salary expectations.
We look forward to your application!