We are expanding our team Portfolio Planning Berlin & Hamburg.
For our Heat Team we are now looking for a
System development engineer for Portfolio Planning Berlin & Hamburg BA Heat
The locations for this position are Hamburg and Berlin.
The Business Area (BA) Heat develops, operates and optimises the entire value chain of heating and cooling networks as well as of efficient heat and energy generation for the reliable supply of heat and electricity to customers in Germany, the Netherlands and Sweden. The BA Heat intends to grow by capturing the imagination of its customers and being a preferred partner for cities and stakeholders, providing efficient, low-carbon solutions for the energy transition. Growth is targeted both for grid-connected and off-grid heat supply. In pursuing this objective, the BA Heat focuses on solid cash flows, sustainability and high reliability in generation and supply.
Portfolio Planning is a department within the BA Heat’s Asset Management division. The team is responsible for the mid- and long-term development and optimisation of our generation portfolios in Berlin and Hamburg. Our task is to identify and develop specific strategic solutions for the transformation of our production sites in the energy transition context that satisfy the technological, economic and ecological demands of fossil-free district heating.
What we offer
The vacancy in the Portfolio Planning Berlin & Hamburg team offers a wide range of tasks and challenges. Help us to successfully shape the heat transition in Berlin and Hamburg!
You support us in rendering the district heating systems in Berlin and Hamburg fit for the future. You identify, analyse and assess technical solutions for the optimisation and adaptation of our generation portfolios. You initiate and lead investment projects to the conclusion of the analysis phase and support these by contributing your holistic systems competence until the final investment decision.
- Identification and analysis of technical solutions for the optimisation and adaptation of the generation portfolio of our district heating systems
- Holistic, systemic assessment of solution options taking into consideration technological, economic, ecological, strategic, political and social aspects
- Performance of mathematical optimisation for the optimisation of plant dispatch in the integrated district heating system
- Initiation of project ideas for the implementation of technical solutions
- Leading investment projects to conclusion of analysis phase
- Technical and strategic support of investment projects, esp. regarding quantification of system effects
- Deduction of technological-ecological-economic interrelations and preparation and illustration for management and project management
- Maintenance, optimisation and further development of IT-based tools in the context of digitalisation
Your qualifications and personal skills
To be successful in this role you have the mentality of wanting to understand complex issues and interrelationships and the ability to simply and comprehensibly illustrate these. You find it easy to think in a holistic and comprehensive manner and to adopt different viewpoints in your analysis in order to sufficiently take into consideration the position of our stakeholders.
You like to optimise, improve and to push on innovations. You are not afraid of thinking differently about things and of breaking the mould. You are aware of the importance of reliable and up-to-date information, have an extensive network and are always eager to expand it. You are open, positive, tolerant and you embrace diversity.
- Passion for and understanding of the business area heat (CHP, district heating and cooling), future customer needs and the transition to a sustainable energy system and product portfolio
- University education in an engineering discipline, preferably energy and process engineering, renewables or power engineering
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in the energy industry
- Good understanding of energy industry issues and interrelationship in the power and heat market and of the regulatory framework
- Project management skills
- Highly developed analytical skills
- A results- and process-oriented way of working
- Excellent communication skills, confident in business discussions and persuasive manner
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Sensitivity regarding different political and strategic interests
- Ability to cooperate and to work in a team
- Fluency in written and spoken German and English
- Great willingness regarding personal development
Do you want to contribute to successfully shaping the heat transition in Berlin and Hamburg? Do you draw energy from identifying complex interrelationships, breaking the mould and pushing on with innovations? Are you willing to continually further develop your potential? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application! Please send us your cover letter and CV.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic Background.
You will be based either in Berlin or Hamburg. This is a permanent appointment.
Please contact Christoph Koch, Tel. +49 (0) 1525 4628106 for more information about the vacancy. Wolfgang Bilger (+49 (0)40 79022 4094) will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the recruitment process.