Vattenfall is one of Europe´s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2015.
Do you want to shape the future?
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as System Roadmap Director reporting to the Head of Windfarm Design Offshore in BU Offshore Wind.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like PV/Solar. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our Solar operations further.
The Windfarm Design Offshore ensures our ability to deliver standardized and LEC competitive future winning windfarms and the Roadmaps play a vital role to realise this.
The Roadmaps cover the entire windfarm scope. The responsibility of the Roadmaps is to establish a roadmap for the products and systems used in an offshore windfarm. The Roadmap team will develop a strategy for each relevant product or service category including the requirements from the Projects (the Customers), LEC targets, technology development and supplier collaboration. The strategy executes into a number of projects which ensures that Products are developed, matured, contracted and handed-over to the Projects in Market Development and Project Delivery for bidding and subsequently construction.
As System Roadmap Director in BU Offshore Wind you have the following key responsibilities:
• Develop and drive the System Roadmap Strategy required for designing the winning windfarm covering areas such as; Overall system functionality, production, interface control, market interaction, loads interaction as well as control features and infrastructure
• Work closely with the other roadmaps, the supply chain as well as with the internal Line Functions and other stakeholders
• Establish and manage the required number of Product projects to execute the System Roadmap Strategy towards target fulfilment
• Deliver the agreed solutions to the projects within Market Development and Project Delivery
• Establish an efficient cross-functional and multi-disciplinary work structure within the development of the Roadmap Strategy as well in the Product Projects.
The location of this position is flexible but regular business trips are required.
We are looking for a System Roadmap Director in Windfarm Design who has an Technical Master’s degree (or equal) with a relevant scope such as wind engineering, applied mathematics or Physics, and has a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in the area of system functionalities of a wind farm. Experience with the challenges around the complex design of a windfarm is a plus, but depending on the candidate not an absolute must.
We are looking for a communicative leader who can focus on both people and business and has demonstrable experience in managing teams in change and challenging environments. The unit as well as the industry is in rapid change and our successful candidate needs to be able to combine a strategic and commercial focus with operational capability. Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written.
The System Roadmap Director must also have shown clear leadership values and consistency throughout his or her career. In addition, a proven track record of a consistent focus on developing staff and own skills and abilities is important in the role. The perfect candidate also holds experience in creating a strong team culture – both in large and complex project organisations and in management teams.
Your personal characteristics:
• You have a natural curiosity and strong personal drive to constantly challenge the perceived reality, and do you best to steer away from sub-optimal solutions.
• Ability to work in large and complex organization
• Good interpersonal skills
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Analytical and structural skills
• Strong system understanding
• Proactive and comfortable with both long- as well as short term focus
• Strong credibility built through both business insight and leadership
• Motivating leadership style
• As a leader, you are clear, visible and courageous.
• You lead change, you are accountable and you create trust.
• You are interested in leading business and developing people and teams.
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal and international working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues as ‘Ask and Share’ concept is essential for the way we work. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Head of System Design, Thomas Hjort on +45 2787 4907. Only week 29 due to vacation.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the 8th of August.
We look forward to receiving your application!
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity & inclusion helps building a more attractive, efficient, customer centric and profitable company. Therefore we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, religious belief, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.