Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Do you want to make a real difference to the world? We are now looking for a Technical Project Manager in Wind Farm Design.
The Wind Farm Design Offshore department designs and develops the winning offshore windfarms. As a Technical Project Manager in the Park Design department, you will be responsible for orchestrating the complete wind park design for Vattenfall´s bids and development pipeline, including technology, cost estimates and overall nosiness case. Ultimately securing a project´s success by working alongside the Market Development and Project Delivery teams.
Your job as Technical Project Manager
• Act as the Principal Engineer for the project in the pre-FID phase. They own the Project Design Requirements and ensure that the best overall park design in terms of LCoE, is delivered from Wind Farm Design, by continuous interaction with System Design and the Technology Roadmap teams.
• Leading the initial conceptual wind park design in collaboration with System Design
• The Technical Project Manager is responsible for ensuring correct scoping of site investigations and technical studies (e.g. GRID connection and cable routing identification, Met ocean, Wind Resource & Geoscience campaigns)
• Work with the project´s Package Managers and the respective Roadmap teams (WTG, Foundations, Logistics, Transmission, O&M and System) to define the solution space for the Project and ensure that the optimized Wind Farm Products are delivered to the Projects according to specs – identifying, planning and coordinating their input along with Project Team and Package Managers
• Close collaboration with interface management to ensure buildability according to site requirements
• Leading the interface with valuation, ensuring technical input is translated into project specific CAPEX, OPEX and AEP which form the basis of the business case
• Responsible for identifying relevant Project budgets (e.g. spend on technical studies, spend on resources split by tasks and competence).
• Ensures and works in close collaboration with the project director/manager
• Lead technical input into permitting process and ensure that unnecessary constraints on the project’s design are mitigated where possible.
• Direct involvement in scoping studies with a technical element
• Public interface on “Engineering” element to authorities and industry bodies.
Your profile as Technical Project Manager
• Technical background within wind farm design and construction/contracting or closely related industry.
• Leading interface roles and a broad experience within development and construction of onshore/offshore wind farms.
• Clear understanding of cost and programme drivers for onshore/offshore wind construction projects
• Experienced in roles directing multi-disciplinary teams, finding solutions and ensuring progress is made
• Appreciation of technical design implications within permitting processes.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills
• Good communication, technical and commercial skills – Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written
• Strong interpersonal skills
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The location of this position is flexible and can either be Hexham (UK), Amsterdam (NL), Hamburg (DE), Kolding (DK) or Stockholm (SE). Regular business trips are required.
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Jette Ingeberg, Senior Recruiter, phone +45 22 57 07 51.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website. Last day to apply May 31st 2018
At Vattenfall we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age and ethnic and cultural backgrounds
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
We look forward to your application!