Power Climate Smarter living - that’s our purpose. We are looking for the brightest minds to make this happen. Start your climate smarter career and become one of the thirty trainees that start their journey in September 2019. Together you will contribute to a fossil free future. You will have a unique position to contribute to our purpose. All we ask from you is to use your Superpowers and share your energy to help us achieve our goal.
Every trainee position is unique, linked to a department within a specific business area and a working location. This means that each position has its own specific responsibilities and challenges and matching profile.
Your responsibilities as Trainee Business Controller Offshore
The BU Offshore in BA Wind is responsible for developing, constructing and operating Offshore wind farms. BU Offshore currently consist of 11 operating windfarms with a total capacity of 1.7GW spread across Europe. We are currently working on the construction of another wind farm for 0.4GW and are planning to start construction of another 4 farms for a total of almost 1.7GW next 1-2 years.
As the business is developing and maturing they now require support in optimizing their financial performance and business analysis.
- Deliver support in optimizing the financial performance of the business and business analysis;
- Be the finance business partner for some development project managers and their teams;
- Provide finance/commercial support (and challenge) to the development project managers with timely analysis of their project performance, identifying trends/improvements and recommending actions to management;
- Participate in preparing project tollgate decision information together with the Senior Business Controller;
- Participation in project and strategic improvement initiatives.
Your profile as Trainee Business Controller Offshore
Whether you want a climate smarter career as an energy specialist, visionary manager or inspirational project lead in the energy sector. We offer you these possibilities within the trainee programme. We are looking for recent graduates holding an academic degree. You are fluent in business English. Skills in other world languages can be a merit. Furthermore, you are willing to relocate for possible assignments throughout the organization. You identify yourself with our principles: active, open, positive and safe.”
As a Trainee Business Controller Offshore, you recognize yourself in the following qualifications:
- University (Ms/Bs) degree in a relevant field (i.e. controlling, economics, accounting or finance)
- Strongly developed MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Starter in controlling/finance, thus not more than 2 years’ experience, which can also be relevant (international) working student experience / internships within business or financial control, either during or after your study;
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills;
- Experience in handling different stakeholders, e.g. through involvement in voluntary board memberships (e.g. treasurer in foundation).
Skills, knowledge, strengths:
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing (Dutch and English)
- Strong team player, with the ability to influence over a wide network of co-worker relationships and work in multicultural settings
- Ability to work independently with a hands-on and pragmatic mind set.
- Open and active.
Location : Amsterdam
Language : Dutch and English
Our offer for you as an International Trainee
Vattenfall International Trainee Programme is the kickstart of your career within Vattenfall. You will have the opportunity to develop your professional and personal skills over the course of a year. In the trainee programme you will take part in international workshops and site visits during the seminar weeks. You will have the opportunity to work abroad and get a good overview of our entire organization. Each position comes with a competitive salary and an excellent remuneration package.
Diversity & inclusion - in everything we do
At Vattenfall we build on the fact that diverse teams can outperform homogeneous teams. But we can only unleash and leverage the power of diversity, if we make everybody feel included. Read more about our important work on diversity & inclusion https://corporate.vattenfall.com/careers/working-at-vattenfall/diversity/.
We welcome your application in English, including resume and cover letter via the application button at this page. You can read more about the Vattenfall International Trainee Programme and meet our former trainees at https://corporate.vattenfall.com/career/students-and-graduates/international-trainee-programme/.
Last day to apply is March 10th 2019. Selection period starts in March/April, followed by interviews in April/May. An assessment is also part of the recruitment process and will take place in May in Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands. The recruitment process will be finalized around the end of May/beginning of June. The last step will be a pre-employment screening. Starting date of the Vattenfall International Trainee Programme will be September 2nd 2019.
We look forward to your application! If you have any questions regarding the trainee programme in general or the specific trainee position, contact responsible recruiter Iris Eveleens, +31 (6) 15330697, firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Vattenfall you can free your superpowers! We are one of the European market leaders in the generation of renewable energy and are primarily active in Scandinavia, Germany, UK and the Netherlands. Together we discover renewable energy solutions. We are a dynamic company with an international focus and a social face at the heart of society. Our goal is to make fossil-free living possible within one generation.
Want to learn more about what we do? Visit www.vattenfall.com.
Since Vattenfall is a part of the Swedish critical infrastructure, many of our positions are security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates might be subjected to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation.