Power Climate Smarter living - that’s our purpose. We are looking for the brightest minds to make this happen. Start your climate smarter career and become one of the thirty trainees that start their journey in September 2019. Together you will contribute to a fossil free future. You will have a unique position to contribute to our purpose. All we ask from you is to use your Superpowers and share your energy to help us achieve our goal.
Every trainee position is unique, linked to a department within a specific business area and a working location. This means that each position has its own specific responsibilities and challenges and matching profile.
Your responsibilities as Trainee Hybrid Renewable Park Development
Team Large Scale Solar:
Within our team we develop and construct Ground mounted PV projects, at the moment mainly focussed on the Netherlands, Germany and the UK. Projects have mostly a size in the range of 10 to 40 MWp. Our department adds renewable capacity in order to deliver on Vattenfall’s mission: te become fossil free within one generation.
- Develop “Winning Hybrid Renewable parks” (integrating of PV, Battery and Wind from the beginning to one optimized renewable park and process);
- Identify, model and quantify the advantages of the Winning Hybrid Renewable Park compared to single technology parks;
- Coordinate between the teams Large Scale Solar, Batteries and Onshore Market Development in order to develop this Winning Hybrid Renewable park;
- Identify and secure solutions for all issues arising around optimizing this Winning Hybrid Renewable park;
- Develop roadmap for Development of Hybrid Renewable parks (by indicating the potential for Vattenfall and by standardizing/professionalizing all needed processes for this);
- Coordinate acceptance and decision making process for this Roadmap, according to the Vattenfall Project Management principles;
- Coordination within BA Wind for Hybrid Renewable park development.
Your profile as Trainee Hybrid Renewable Park Development
Whether you want a climate smarter career as an energy specialist, visionary manager or inspirational project lead in the energy sector. We offer you these possibilities within the trainee programme. We are looking for recent graduates holding an academic degree. You are fluent in business English. Skills in other world languages can be a merit. Furthermore, you are willing to relocate for possible assignments throughout the organization. You identify yourself with our principles: active, open, positive and safe.”
As a Trainee Hybrid Renewable Park development you recognize yourself in the following qualifications:
- Proven interest in renewable energy with preference for the PV, Battery and/or Wind technology
- Engineering education preferred, ideally with focus on Renewable energy, or electrical engineering.
- Nice to have: Business education, e.g. in economics
- GPA average of at least 7.5
- Result driven with ability to make priorities to reach deadlines
- High energy and ability to cope with uncertainty
- Great stakeholder awareness
- Extremely good in setting up cooperation and drive change
- Independent working style with ability to create structure and deliverables within a given framework
- Well above average learning ability
- High Emotional Intelligence with ability to work cross cultures (geographical; as well as organizational)
Extracurricular activities: Surprise us!
Location : Amsterdam
Language : Dutch and English, German is a plus.
Our offer for you as an International Trainee
Vattenfall International Trainee Programme is the kickstart of your career within Vattenfall. You will have the opportunity to develop your professional and personal skills over the course of a year. In the trainee programme you will take part in international workshops and site visits during the seminar weeks. You will have the opportunity to work abroad and get a good overview of our entire organization. Each position comes with a competitive salary and an excellent remuneration package.
Diversity & inclusion - in everything we do
At Vattenfall we build on the fact that diverse teams can outperform homogeneous teams. But we can only unleash and leverage the power of diversity, if we make everybody feel included. Read more about our important work on diversity & inclusion https://corporate.vattenfall.com/careers/working-at-vattenfall/diversity/.
We welcome your application in English, including resume and cover letter via the application button at this page. You can read more about the Vattenfall International Trainee Programme and meet our former trainees at https://corporate.vattenfall.com/career/students-and-graduates/international-trainee-programme/.
Last day to apply is March 10th 2019. Selection period starts in March/April, followed by interviews in April/May. An assessment is also part of the recruitment process and will take place in May in Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands. The recruitment process will be finalized around the end of May/beginning of June. The last step will be a pre-employment screening. Starting date of the Vattenfall International Trainee Programme will be September 2nd 2019.
We look forward to your application! If you have any questions regarding the trainee programme in general or the specific trainee position, contact responsible recruiter Iris Eveleens, +31 (6) 15330697.
At Vattenfall you can free your superpowers! We are one of the European market leaders in the generation of renewable energy and are primarily active in Scandinavia, Germany, UK and the Netherlands. Together we discover renewable energy solutions. We are a dynamic company with an international focus and a social face at the heart of society. Our goal is to make fossil-free living possible within one generation.
Want to learn more about what we do? Visit www.vattenfall.com.
Since Vattenfall is a part of the Swedish critical infrastructure, many of our positions are security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates might be subjected to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation.