Are you an inspiring leader with a solid financial background?
The European energy market is transforming – substantial investments into renewable energy is changing the market dynamics. Small scale decentralized solutions are emerging both among customers and in terms of energy generation. The business models in the energy industry are changing dramatically. Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest energy companies and want to be front runners in this new emerging market.
We are now looking for a Vice President of Controlling in Business Area Markets.
BA Markets maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with 560 professionals working mainly from Sweden, Germany and The Netherlands.
We offer a challenging and exciting position in an international team. You will lead an international team of around 20 employees, be part of the management team of BA Markets and report directly to the Senior Vice President of Business Area (BA) Markets. We are looking for people who want to make a difference.
Main tasks and responsibilities
As Vice President of Controlling in BA Markets you have the following key responsibilities:
• Ensure a stable and predictable financial situation of BA Markets by enabling financial expertise in all finance related areas
• Ensure “one source of truth” for all financial numbers and analyses and full transparency across the BA towards all stakeholders including Executive Group Management, Board of directors and internal stakeholders.
• Ensure efficient and effective finance processes / tools for BA Markets, with full transparency on all financial methods
• Do all project and asset related valuation and risk management, ensure consistency in the methodologies
• Ensure governance and compliance for BA Markets related Legal Entities
• Translate Strategic Plans into steering requirements and targets as part of the Business Plan. Ensure that plans are viable based on current and future BA financial situation / outlook
• Ensure tight follow up on all financial metrics and activities
• You have a university degree with a minimum of 10 years relevant work experience as a leader in an international organization
• You are a highly trustworthy, inspiring and communicative leader who is able to focus on both people and business.
• Ability to communicate and anchor financial numbers and analyses in a way that creates clarity and commitment with our stakeholders up to Board level.
• You have proven change management skills in an industry characterized by major transformation and thereby the ability to deal with strategic, highly complex issues, problems and challenges.
• Experience of energy industry or trading operation specific financials and regulation is a strong merit.
• You are mastering the translation of business topics into the relevant financial consequences in all aspects and vice versa
• Fluent in English is a prerequisite, fluent in German and Swedish is a strong merit.
• Frequent travelling is part of the job.
As a person you are inspirational, have strong integrity and an agile mindset combined with a passion for creating true business value. As a leader you excel in communication, collaboration and relationship skills and you effortlessly interact with colleagues, customers and internal and external stakeholders at all levels. Furthermore you have a solid business acumen, strong result orientation and the ability to maneuver in complex business environments.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity & inclusion helps building a more attractive, efficient, customer centric and profitable company. Therefore we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, religious belief, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
Location: Stockholm or Hamburg - Come and join us!