Are you an inspiring leader and a passionate doer?
The European energy market is transforming – substantial investments into renewable energy is changing the market dynamics. Small scale decentralized solutions are emerging both among customers and in terms of energy generation. The business models in the energy industry are changing dramatically. Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest energy companies and want to be front runners in this new emerging market.
We are now looking for a Vice President of Strategy and Business Development
in Business Area Markets.
BA Markets maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with 560 professionals working mainly from Sweden, Germany and The Netherlands.
We offer a challenging and exciting position in an international team. You will lead an international team of more than 10 employees, be part of the management team of BA Markets and report directly to the Senior Vice President of Business Area (BA) Markets. We are looking for people who want to make a difference.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The Strategy and Business Development team is responsible for the following activities in BA Markets:
- Strategy and strategic business development; Facilitating commercial business development together with the business units, aligned with the overall Vattenfall Group Strategy
- Initiate and drive improvements, initiatives and solutions that are innovative and create true value for customers and internal stakeholders
- Drive cooperation with customers, stakeholders and partners at executive level
- Project portfolio management and prioritization on a strategic level
- Securing responsible sourcing
- Increase awareness of business compliance and develop, monitor and report on a quarterly basis, including progress of ongoing efforts.
- Quality development, implementation and maintenance of needed governance structure and documents (e.g. Management Systems)
- The annual strategic planning process; and jointly with Controlling the annual business planning process
- The quarterly business performance follow-up process, including performance reporting to CEO & CFO
- Substantial experience of business transformation, working with and/ or developing digital business models, preferable from a fast moving, agile business environment.
- Excellent people management skills combined with senior leadership & project management skills in an international business characterized by change.
- Good understanding of the energy market’s transformation
- +10 years working experience whereof 4-5 years in a senior business, strategy or business development function.
- M.Sc. in Engineering, Economics or in Business Administration
- In accordance to the leadership capabilities of Vattenfall we expect you to be clear, visible and courageous as a leader.
- Fluent in English
- Willingness to travel
As a person you are inspirational and have an innovative mindset combined with a passion about creating true business value of customers!
As a leader you excel in communication, collaboration and relationship skills and you effortlessly interact with colleagues, customers and internal and external stakeholders at all levels. Furthermore you have a solid business acumen, strong result orientation and the ability to maneuver in complex business environments.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity & inclusion helps building a more attractive, efficient, customer centric and profitable company. Therefore we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, religious belief, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
Stockholm or Hamburg
Come and join us!
For information regarding the position, you are welcome to contact Anna Borg, Senior Vice President BA Markets +46 8-739 64 28. For more information about the recruitment process, please contact Camilla Jacobson, Talent Management +46 8-739 74 90.
We look forward to your application!
Trade Union representatives in Sweden: Carl-Gustaf Angelin (Akademikerna), Inger Strandberg (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Jan Palmqvist (SEKO).
To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.