Do you want to shape the future?
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Are you interested in a job with a lot of potential, possibilities and responsibilities, and be a part of a growing organization with special focus on Offshore Wind, you may be the person we are looking for. We are now looking for a WTG Project Engineer for our Business Area Wind Offshore.
Your main responsibilities as WTG Project Engineer
As part of the WTG Project Engineering Team you will be assigned to the WTG Package of development & delivery projects across our international pipeline. Typical tasks and scopes include:
- Contribute to maintaining high levels of health and safety performance across all activities to deliver inherently safer projects and working environments.
- Ensure that our technical and other requirements are incorporated into the finalized WTG supply contract. Liaise with relevant technical experts, as required.
- Coordination with various stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Coordination of the foundation and tower design process from the WTG perspective.
- Set-up and coordination of product quality processes and activities throughout the WTG supply chain and in close cooperation with Quality Management.
- Interface coordination with foundation and balance of plant packages such as inner-array cable, substation, grid etc.
- Management of contract responsibilities and duties and communication with suppliers.
- Review of technical reports, quality assurance documentation and manufacturing procedures.
- Facilitate the process of bringing the assets into our operating portfolio.
- Support the WTG Package Manager with technical know-how, project management tasks as well as administrative work.
Your profile as WTG Project Engineer
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Engineering or equivalent, preferably Mechanical, Electrical, Renewable Technology or similar.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in wind/heavy-industry projects or wind turbine technology.
- Experience in working in large and complex organizations.
- Passion for technical project management and experience in communication with customers/ suppliers.
- Contract understanding (e.g. FIDIC or similar) and negotiation skills would be an advantage.
- You meet challenges optimistically but realistically and come up with new and innovative ideas.
- Open and good communicator with a positive attitude.
- You possess good interpersonal skills, actively engage stakeholders and are at home in the team environment.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills are required. Proficiency in Danish, German and/or Dutch would also be an advantage.
- Willingness to travel to other offices as well as work sites and manufacturing facilities. Work offshore will also be required from time to time.
- High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work.
- You are results-oriented and you organize and prioritize your work effectively meeting required deadlines.
The location for the position is Hamburg Germany, Kolding Denmark or London UK. Regular business trips will be required.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website. Please let us know your salary expectations. Last day to apply is October 1st 2018.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Nicholas Thompson, Manager WTG Project Engineering, phone +491722348579. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Vanessa Koop, Recruitment, phone +4940790227786.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to your application!