Would you like to work in the dynamic environment of the trading floor? Do you want to contribute to high quality analysis and the success of the trading function using your analytical capabilities and commercial comprehension? In that case this job could be the right one for you.
For our office in Hamburg we are looking for a
Working Student Biomass Analysis (m/f)
in the Trading Analysis department.
The Trading Analysis department within the Business Unit Trading works closely with the trading desks and takes a leading role in providing market insights, (fundamental and quantitative) analysis, and ultimately commercial decision support across all commodity areas.
Your main tasks and responsibilities as a Working Student Biomass Analysis:
- Support the Coal, Freight & Biomass Analyst and respective traders in
- Keeping track of the latest fundamental information/data releases and market developments in the fuels markets, esp. the woody biomass market(s)
- Maintaining and further developing the woody biomass supply & demand model
- Further developing and automating routines, procedures, and applications for analysis-related information and data
- Performing ad-hoc information requests from key stakeholders
- Conducting commercially relevant fundamental and quantitative analysis
- Be part of the Trading Analysis department and contribute to its analysis output.
Our ideal Working Student Fuels Analysis esp. Biomass:
- Student enrolled at an university of applied sciences or university in a business, economics, engineering, computer science, or forestry subject
- Knowledge of the fuels markets, esp. biomass, and commodity trading advantageous
- Good computer (esp. Excel and ideally also VBA) and data analysis/modelling skills
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken), German language skills advantageous
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with various internal stakeholders
- Result oriented, independent working method with readiness to take on responsibility.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and talented student who wants to gain experience in the commodity business with a challenging and changeable student job within a leading company in its field.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity & inclusion helps building a more attractive, efficient, customer centric and profitable company. Therefore we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, religious belief, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
Business Area (BA) Markets maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with around 500 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
Within Markets the Business Unit (BU) Trading is the energy trading hub of the Vattenfall Group.
BU Trading is responsible for all trading activities around Vattenfall´s asset and customer flows to maximize value creation and improve sourcing costs. It provides all market access services for standard OTC- and exchange-based energy commodities for the Vattenfall Group, which means managing all hedging flows, from generation assets or customers, by market access.
- Minimum duration of the job: 6 months
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Rainer Bitschi via phone +49 40 24430 108. For information about the recruitment process please contact recruiter Wassilios Sintoris via phone +49 40 79022 2142. Please apply directly via the application button.