The Vattenfall Energy Trading GmbH offers from now on a position as
Working Student Data Science (f/m/d)
for our office in Hamburg in the Trading Analysis department.
Your Job as Working Student Data Science
The Trading Analysis department within the Business Unit Trading works closely with the trading desks and takes a leading role in providing market insights, (fundamental and quantitative) analysis, and ultimately commercial decision support across all commodity areas.
- Support the trading analysts and esp. the meteorologists in:
- Identifying, reviewing, and integrating (new) data sources/feeds, e.g., building web scrapers or data quality monitoring tools
- Visualizing data and analyses for the internal analysis portal
- Further developing and automating routines, procedures, and applications for analysis-related information and data flows
- Conducting commercially relevant quantitative/statistical analyses, e.g., performing weather forecast verifications and identifying the optimal mix of multiple weather forecasts
- Tackling programming challenges
- Be part of the Trading Analysis department and contribute to its analysis output.
- Student enrolled at an university of applied sciences or university in a quantitative subject like engineering, computer science, natural science or meteorology
- Good mathematical, statistical, and analytical skills
- Good computer programming (esp. VBA and Python), database management, and data analysis/mining skills
- Knowledge of energy markets and/or meteorology advantageous (but not required)
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken), German language skills advantageous
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with various internal stakeholders
- Result-orientated, independent working method with high reliability and readiness to take on responsibility
- Eagerness to learn.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and talented student who wants to gain experience in the commodity business and data science field with a challenging and changeable student job within a leading company in its field.
We are striving for diversity & inclusion and we therefore welcome applications from all individuals regardless of e.g. age, gender, disability and ethnic background.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest generators of electricity and the largest producer of heat. The Vattenfall Group has about 20,000 employees. Vattenfall’s core markets are Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands. The Group also conducts business in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Poland and the UK. The Parent Company, Vattenfall AB, is fully owned by the Swedish state.
Working at Vattenfall means more than 'just' having an interesting job in a result-oriented culture. Here you will be part of a challenging, complex and international work environment. We offer our employees competitive remuneration, training opportunities and personal development.
Business Area (BA) Markets maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with around 500 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
Within Markets the Business Unit (BU) Trading is the energy trading hub of the Vattenfall Group. BU Trading is responsible for all trading activities around Vattenfall´s asset and customer flows to maximize value creation and improve sourcing costs. It provides all market access services for standard OTC- and exchange-based energy commodities for the Vattenfall Group, which means managing all hedging flows, from generation assets or customers, by market access.
- Start date: as soon as possible, after agreement
- Period: at least 6 months, long-term assignments appreciated
- Working time: up to 20 hours per week, 37 hours per week in the vacation time
Please send us your complete application documents - cover letter, CV and certificates as well as your current matriculation certificate.
For more information about this position you are welcome to contact Ms. Jessica Kebekus via phone +49 40 24430108.
For information about the recruitment process please contact our recruiter Mr. Wassilios Sintoris via phone +49 40 790222142.
Please apply directly via the application button. We look forward to receiving your application!