For our office in Hamburg we are looking for a:
Working student (data scientist) (m/f)
As part of an automation project at our trading operation, we are looking for an ambitious candidate to assist us as a data-scientist. The ideal candidate would use his/her modelling skills in order to perform several analyses on the underlying market data set. We trade in several energy products: power, gas, coal, co2 emissions and oil.
Be a part of an open, communicative and successful team!
As a working student you are assigned to the following tasks:
- Part of the project is to utilise machine learning in trading
- Programming of VBA, HTML and Python is key
- Automation of workflows, data mining within the Analysis and Trading environment
- Developing, testing and maintaining of existing tools, sentiment algorithms, price regressions and correlations on and between energy products
- Very closely work together with desk analysts and traders
- Machine learning experience in Python
- Good mathematical and analytical understanding
- Very good programming skills in Python, VB, Java or similar
- Knowledge of C+ and/or Matlab is considered positively
- Proactive team player
- Language skills: German or English
We strive to be a model for diversity and look forward to applications regardless of, for example, age, gender, disability or ethnic origin.
Markets is the Business Area where all asset optimisation and trading activities are centralized for the Vattenfall Group. Our activities are multi-site located across Europe with almost 700 professionals working in Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, Denmark, and Poland. We trade the full range of energy commodities such as electricity, gas, oil, coal, freight, renewable energies and emissions, take responsibility for a diversified sourcing of power, fuels and carbon credits and optimize the running and hedging of Vattenfall¿s generation assets. These efforts are the basis for maximum profitability and continuous business growth.
Within Markets the Business Unit (BU) Trading is the energy trading hub of the Vattenfall Group and provides all market access service activities to the group, including the sourcing of physical coal, oil and gas. BU Trading also maximizes the value creation in energy commodity markets by employing a specific proprietary trading mandate.
For more information about recruitment process please contact recruiter Matthias Gramsch, via phone (+4940 79022 2308) or apply directly via the application button.