The Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like PV/Solar. Our offshore business is amongst the top three players globally and we are currently constructing the world’s first subsidy free offshore site. Our offshore portfolio consists at present of 1,6 GW installed capacity and 2,0 GW, which are under construction or in pre-construction. It is our clear ambition to continue and to even accelerate our strong growth in the future.
For our Asset Management department in Vattenfall Business Area Wind we are now looking for a committed
Working Student (m/f) for Offshore Wind Digitalisation
for our office in Hamburg.
Do you want to shape the future with us?
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position for an working student within Asset Management Offshore in BA Wind for approximately one year. During an own assignment you will be developing the SMART Operations Dashboard for the Offshore Wind Farm Portfolio to track site performance and analyse data.
- Support creation and development of the existing Dashboard in Power BI
- Data Analysis from different sources (e.g. Azure or other cloud based services)
- Research and creation of presentations for decision support
- Support of daily and ad-hoc activities within the department of Asset Management
- Chance to work in an international team
- Opportunity to work and travel across countries
- Option to write final thesis in collaboration
What we are looking for
- You are student in the field of information systems, software engineering, mathematics, business informatics or similar.
- Experiences with SQL databases
- Knowledge in programming language R
- Desirable but not necessary knowledge Power BI
- Desirable but not necessary knowledge of cloud based services (e.g. Azure)
- Good in English and MS Office (in particular excel)
- Analytical skills are of advantage
- A team player acting with a high level of integrity and Motivation-driven
We are striving for diversity & inclusion and we therefore welcome applications from all individuals regardless of e.g. age, gender, disability and ethnic background.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest generators of electricity and the largest producer of heat. The Vattenfall Group has about 20,000 employees. Vattenfall’s core markets are Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands. The Group also conducts business in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Poland and the UK. The Parent Company, Vattenfall AB, is fully owned by the Swedish state.
Working at Vattenfall means more than 'just' having an interesting job in a result-oriented culture. Here you will be part of a challenging, complex and international work environment. We offer our employees competitive remuneration, training opportunities and personal development.
Your application should contain a covering letter, CV, current grade reports and your certificate of enrollment.
For more information about the job and the department you are welcome to contact Mr. Stefan Hain via phone +49 1520 6845719.
For information about the recruitment process, please contact Mr. Wassilios Sintoris via phone +49 79022 2142.
Deadline for application is October 12, 2018. We look forward to your application!