The Vattenfall Energy Trading GmbH offers from now on a position as
Working Student to support the Fundamental Analysis department
at our office in Hamburg.
The Analysis department provides forecasts of power prices and in-depth energy market analysis. With this we actively support the business and enable decision making, both in Business Area Markets and for the Vattenfall Group.
As working student in our team you will actively support our analysts in maintaining the fundamental models in developing ad-hoc analyses and in improving visualization tools for checking data quality. You are passionate and want to learn more about sophisticated data analysis and energy trading? Then this is the job for you!
Key responsibilities and duties
- Support our analysts with model development and maintenance
- Regular update and improvement of the input data for our power market models
- Build/improve tools to handle and visualise data automatically
- Carry out regular market price analysis to support business
- Support the team with ad hoc market analysis
Requirements and desired skills
- You are studying engineering sciences, physics, economics, computer science or a comparable course of studies and are at least in the third semester of your Bachelor's degree or in your Master's degree
- You are a self-starter and work best when given freedom in your work
- You ask for help and guidance when needed and think beyond the task at hand, making suggestions wherever you see room for improvement.
- You have an analytical mindset and are used to handling large amounts of data
- Fluency in German and English, written and spoken
- Experienced with Python (Pandas), SQL, GIT etc (others are beneficial)
- Structured way of working
- Pragmatic personality, performance-oriented with ability to prioritize
- Team player, self-motivated, proactive, creative mindset – we love new ideas
We are striving for diversity & inclusion and we therefore welcome applications from all individuals regardless of e.g. age, gender, disability and ethnic background.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest generators of electricity and the largest producer of heat. The Vattenfall Group has about 20,000 employees. Vattenfall’s core markets are Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands. The Group also conducts business in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Poland and the UK. The Parent Company, Vattenfall AB, is fully owned by the Swedish state.
Working at Vattenfall means more than 'just' having an interesting job in a result-oriented culture. Here you will be part of a challenging, complex and international work environment. We offer our employees competitive remuneration, training opportunities and personal development.
Business Area (BA) Markets maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with around 500 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
Within Markets the Business Unit (BU) Trading is the energy trading hub of the Vattenfall Group. BU Trading is responsible for all trading activities around Vattenfall´s asset and customer flows to maximize value creation and improve sourcing costs. It provides all market access services for standard OTC- and exchange-based energy commodities for the Vattenfall Group, which means managing all hedging flows, from generation assets or customers, by market access.
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Working time: 12 – 20 hours per week, up to 37 hours per week (full-time) in vacation time
- Minimum duration: 6 months
- Compensation: 12 Euro per hour
- Supervision of final thesis after the work-study possible by arrangement
Please send us your complete application documents - cover letter, CV and certificates as well as your current matriculation certificate.
For more information about the job and the department you are welcome to contact Mr. Christian Pape via phone +49 15257999247.
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact our recruiter Mr. Thomas Macht, via phone +49 40790221618.
Deadline for application is January 10, 2019, but we conduct interviews on an ongoing basis. Therefore we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We look forward to your application!