Would you like to work for Vattenfall, one of Europe’s leading energy companies with trading activities in the global energy markets? Do you want to contribute to high quality analysis and the success of the trading function using your analytical capabilities and commercial comprehension? In that case this student job could be the right one for you.
The Vattenfall Energy Trading GmbH offers from now on a position as
Working Student Guarantee of Origin (GoO) Analysis (f/m/d)
for our office in Hamburg at the Cross-Commodity Trading Desk.
Your Job as Working Student Guarantee of Origin Analysis
The Cross Commodity desk within the Business Unit Trading is active in all tradeable products that fall under the Vattenfall umbrella. Within this cross commodity space, we have an Algo trading desk, run an Asset Backed Trading operation, trade EUAs, GoOs and other environmental commodities. Finally, we also trade on a relative value basis using a diversified product scope. Overall, we strive to create a diversified, non-correlated angle in generating income for the company. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and talented student who wants to gain experience in the environmental commodity business with a challenging and changeable student job within a leading company in its field.
- Map the GoO landscape and regulation in Europe, especially in the key countries for Vattenfall (Netherlands, UK, Sweden and Germany)
- Build and maintain the fundamental GoO supply and demand model including, e.g., regulatory, weather, and demand-side scenarios.
- Keep track of the latest market and regulatory developments as well as Information / data flows
- Update and further develop the GoO related database as well as visualizing key data and analyses for the internal analysis portal
- Liaise with different departments within the wider Vattenfall Group to gather GoO-related information
- Perform GoO-related ad-hoc information request and analyses
- Synthesize your analyses and findings into relevant commercial recommendations.
- Student enrolled at an university of applied sciences or university in a business, economics, engineering or computer science
- Knowledge of European renewables schemes/regulations clearly advantageous
- Good computer (esp. Excel and ideally also VBA) and data analysis / modelling skills
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken), German language skills advantageous
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with various internal stakeholders
- Result oriented, independent working method with high reliability and readiness to take on responsibility
- Eagerness to learn
We are striving for diversity & inclusion and we therefore welcome applications from all individuals regardless of e.g. age, gender, disability and ethnic background.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest generators of electricity and the largest producer of heat. The Vattenfall Group has about 20,000 employees. Vattenfall’s core markets are Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands. The Group also conducts business in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Poland and the UK. The Parent Company, Vattenfall AB, is fully owned by the Swedish state.
Working at Vattenfall means more than 'just' having an interesting job in a result-oriented culture. Here you will be part of a challenging, complex and international work environment. We offer our employees competitive remuneration, training opportunities and personal development.
Business Area (BA) Markets maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with around 500 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
Within Markets the Business Unit (BU) Trading is the energy trading hub of the Vattenfall Group. BU Trading is responsible for all trading activities around Vattenfall´s asset and customer flows to maximize value creation and improve sourcing costs. It provides all market access services for standard OTC- and exchange-based energy commodities for the Vattenfall Group, which means managing all hedging flows, from generation assets or customers, by market access.
- Start date: as soon as possible, after agreement
- Period: long-term assignment (1 year) over several semesters
- Working time: up to 20 hours per week, 37 hours per week in the vacation time
Please send us your complete application documents - cover letter, CV and certificates as well as your current matriculation certificate.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Ms. Jessica Kebekus via phone +49 40 24430108.
For information about the recruitment process please contact our recruiter Mr. Wassilios Sintoris via phone +49 40 790222142.
Please apply directly via the application button. We look forward to receiving your application!