• Net sales decreased by 3% to SEK 69,413 million (71,666)
• Underlying operating profit increased to SEK 13,197 million (12,001)
• Operating profit of SEK 10,453 million (1,927)
• Profit for the period of SEK 5,901 million (1,002)
• Electricity generation of 64.9 TWh (61.1)
• Continued customer growth by more than 110,000 contracts
• Strengthened presence in UK through the acquisition of iSupplyEnergy
• Growth in renewables: Pen y Cymoedd (228 MW) and Ray (54 MW) fully operational and investment decision for Slufterdam (29 MW)
• Further steps towards being fossil-free within one generation: Partnerships in Sweden for fossil-free industry processes, phase-out of lignite in Berlin and investment decisions towards climate smarter heat production
• Positive developments in German nuclear operations
• Continued focus on operational excellence and cost reductions by entering into new outsourcing service partnerships.
The full interim report and presentation slides are available at corporate.vattenfall.com.
At 10.30 CET, today Friday, Vattenfall’s president and CEO Magnus Hall and CFO Stefan Dohler will host the press conference at Vattenfall’s head office.
The press conference is broadcasted live on corporate.vattenfall.com. To join by telephone please dial +46 (0) 8 505 100 31 (Sweden) or +44 (0) 203 059 58 62 (UK).
This information is such that Vattenfall is required to make public in accordance with the EU Market Abuse Regulation and/or the Swedish Securities Market Act. The information was submitted for publication, by the agency of the contact persons above, at 09.00 CET on 21 July 2017. This press release has been prepared in both Swedish and English versions. In the event of discrepancies between the two versions, the Swedish version shall govern.
Vattenfall’s Press Office, telephone: +46 (0) 8 739 50 10, firstname.lastname@example.org