Vattenfall has for many years worked on reducing its emissions of, for example, sulphur dioxide, nitrogen oxides and airborne particulates by installing state-of-the-art flue gas cleaning equipment.
Secure the company’s continued licence to operate. Special attention is on preventing spills of oil to water and soil.
- Develop action plans for preventing oil spills and identify improvement measures.
Examples of achievements 2014
- New policy adopted for creosote-impregnated poles in the distribution operations in Sweden.
- Use of dry, pulverised lignite at the Jänschwalde power plant.
Challenges we have
- Adapt all plants to meet the emission levels set by the upcoming Industrial Emissions Directive.
- Strike a balance between actions and costs in oil spill management.
Our planned activities
The work on preventing oil spills to water and soil continues. Vattenfall is monitoring developments surrounding the Industrial Emissions Directive in an effort to be able to analyse and identify measures for meeting the new requirements.
Detailed information about emissions
Use our analysis tool